Rhino 8 GH1 Baking in Rhino.Inside.Revit

I’m having some issues with the Bake content componet. It keeps crashing Rhino.Inside. It seems to work when I have a simple box but with some geometry that I got from Revit it crashes. I think it might have something to do with the geometry?

I’m using Revit 2023 and Rhino 8
Bathroom Shower-Brizio-Invari.3dm (7.4 MB)

Rhino.Inside.Revit is not supported yet on the new GH1 bake component, coming soon. Till then we recommend Elefront for baking user texts, etc…

1 Like

Good to know. Any idea on the timing of the release? The new bake seems to work intermittently in RIR.

I shifted over from Elefront in order to get support for user directed block selection. FYI the new release of Elefront seems to be full of bugs (5.1.x). Are you using the newest version or the previous release? We are using the previous version after experimenting with the new release.

Is there anyway to select objects by guId in elefront or grasshopper?

We built a work around for block selection. Since Rhino 8 supports block selection, we got the guId, ran a script that writes the guId to Elefront atrributes and then filtered the blocks by the guId to bring the user selection into grasshopper.

The new Rhino8 workflow will be much simpler, block support, support for basic “upsert” type data operation when all the kinks will be worked out.

This topic has been solved and has actually nothing to do with Rhino Inside Revit. Can the new posts maybe be branched off into a new topic which can be categorizedd accordingly?

1 Like