Rhino 7 WIP strange start up

Open the Notification Panel in Rhino.
Does it tell you the display drivers for both your Intel and NVIDIA display adapters need to be updated?

Yes. I’ll try updating the drivers. I don’t think I can update the Intel HD 4600 one though.

John Brock posted this link for Intel drivers a few months ago:

I’m familar with that page. The problem I’ve had is the driver on the computer is the one ASUS installed and the Intel software refused to replace it. I would get a message that I needed to obtain a new driver from the computer manufacturer (none available) or a message that the best software was already installed.

Today I successfully installed the most recent driver from Intel. I used Device Manager to uninstall the adapter after checking the box to delete the driver software. (Uninstalling the device without checking the box resulted in the old software being automatically reinstalled when the computer restarted.)

So far Rhino WIP 7 appears to be starting normally. I’ll see what it does after installing the next WIP update.

@John_Brock I think this is a valuable addition to the threads in the ongoing saga of Intel driver updates!

I don’t think this has anything to do with video drivers - though they also may have needed to update. @aj1 do you know anything about this empty dialog box?

This is a known issue in Rhino 7. There’s an item in our internal bug tracker. It will get fixed soon.

Almost normal start-up of Rhino 7 WIP today after updating to Work In Progress (7.0.19120.13305, 4/30/2019) Commercial.

There was a pop-up window though with a message about Server Busy. I ignored it and Rhino 7 eventually started.
Switch%20to

Same here, busy server message with last wip 170719 installed , seven 64bit OS

Hi - if you ignore it, does Rhino eventually start as was the case for David?
-wim

Hi,
No , I have to clic “switch to”, wait 1 min , then when lucky fetching license and it works.
Often , I have to go to running programs and close it then restart R7 wip.

Hi - what makes you say that this happens in relation with getting a license? Could you specify what you see on the screen when this happens?
-wim

I have not seen this behavior recently. The Rhino 7 WIP has been starting normally.

Hi,
I have a window open shortly with this message : “fetching license” for 3 secondes then R7 start.

Hi - sorry for being slow on this one but I’m not able to connect the dots here…
Are you saying that you get the “fetching license” message and then Rhino 7 starts normally?
Then, when are you getting the “Server Busy” message?
Could you take this one step at a time from the beginning?
-wim

OK so first Start R7 from desktop
nothing happen, wait 15 sec then “busy server” message pop up
Clic “switch to” ,then wait 30sec to 1min and “fetching license” window pop ,
2 sec later R7 start.

Hi Petrol - could you run the Rhino SystemInfo command and post the result here?
-wim

Hi Wim,

Here it is

Rhino 7 SR0 2019-7-23 (Rhino WIP, 7.0.19204.08205, Git hash:master @ 333a67a6e25bb3fb2aacb698c558b26e9f446b05)
License type: Commerciale, build 2019-07-23
License details: Cloud Zoo. In use by: Lasbleiz ()
Expires on: 2019-09-06

Windows 7 SP1 (Physical RAM: 16Gb)
Machine name: DEATHSTAR-PC

Non-hybrid graphics.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA Quadro M4000 (NVidia) Memory: 8GB, Driver date: 6-3-2019 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 431.02

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 8x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 6-3-2019
Driver Version: 26.21.14.3102
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 8 GB

Rhino plugins
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\IdleProcessor.rhp “IdleProcessor”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 7.0.19204.8205
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\WebBrowser.rhp “WebBrowser”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoScript.rhp “RhinoScript”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoRenderCycles.rhp “Rhino Render” 7.0.19204.8205
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 7.0.19204.8205
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Alerter.rhp “Alerter”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 7.0.19204.8205
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 7.0.19204.8205
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”

@brian - do you have any ideas on this one?

Does the Server Busy dialog appear when starting Rhino 7 in safe mode?