Rhino 7 WIP no longer installs on Windows 7

So its going to expire and i can’t install again? that blows. I’ve got 4 jobs going in it.

The License tab in the About command will tell you how many days you have to get a Windows 10 system setup and running.

9 days, ouch

Did you install last week’s WIP? That should put you at more than 9 days

No i didn’t, is that still available?

Thanks

That should be this one:
http://files.na.mcneel.com/dujour/exe/20200526/rhino_en-us_7.0.20147.12475.exe
-wim

2 Likes

Thanks, my IT dept will be happy, i’m the last win 7 machine on the network.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Concerns about Windows 10

microsoft is continuous support window 7 if you pay, why rhino wip can’t run, window 10 is more bug os…, very unstabable

Windows 7 ESU ends Dec 2020, then Windows 7 will not be supported at all.

Rhino 7 is not yet released, and if it is release before Dec 2020, will only be available for a few months before the final end of support from Microsoft.

Rhino 7 does not run on Windows 7.

If you have decided that Windows 10 is not a viable platform for you, please buy a Mac, and run macOS. Rhino is fully supported on recent releases of macOS.

Help! the latest Rhino 6 update just killed my rhinoinside revit. I still have 15 days left on the WIP. Big Deadline in the morning, Win 10 computer is hrs away.

@Rickson Please install the latest Rhino WIP and Rhino.Inside.Revit and let us know if you still see issues

my primary machine is Win7, i’m under the impression that the latest WIP won’t load. I’m transitioning to a win 10 before my WIP expires a few more weeks.

Yes so Rhino WIP does not support windows 10 as @brian mentioned. Rhino.Inside.Revit needs Rhino WIP to work.

the latest WIP only now? bugger.

This isn’t a liquidated damages type due date, I just promised a lot that would not be possible without the workflow of Rhino Inside Revit that i’m using.

I realize its beta and bleeding edge so live by the sword and die by it, at least i can fall on it today.

If there are should be still some time on the WIP you had you should be able to reinstall it

“it” being RhinoInsideRevit or the older WIP with 15 days left?

Ok, re-installing rhinoinside revit works. Thanks for all the info, next week i’ll get things going on windows 10

liking the new icons…