Rhino 7 plugin can't find required DLLs

Hello Rhino developers,

I am working on deploying a Rhino 7 plugin that I created using the Rhino C++ SDK.
So far, I’ve followed what was described here:

to generate the .yak file, and I have configured the Package Manager to go find that on a shared disk.

However, the plugin being installed under the AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0 generated an error when being loaded in Rhino, saying that there’s a missing DLL, although the DLLs that my plugin use are already under the same folder under the path mentioned earlier.

Is there a specific rule for where Rhino looks for the required DLLs?

A simple test of copying the contents of my packaged plugin (.rhp and dlls) into the /System directory directly next to the Rhino executable, works like a charm, and the plugin is able to find all its DLLs in that directory. So my guess is the DLL lookup isn’t appropriate?

Any help would be appreciate it.
Thanks

Moved to Developer category

Hi @blondbeer,

Rhino for Windows load C++ plug-ins using the LoadLibraryEx Win32 API function with the LOAD_LIBRARY_SEARCH_DLL_LOAD_DIR, LOAD_LIBRARY_SEARCH_USER_DIRS, and LOAD_LIBRARY_SEARCH_SYSTEM32 flags.

If this fails, then Rhino calls LoadLibraryEx, again, with the LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH flag.

Does this help?

– Dale