Rhino 7 Move/Copy Command working Different Than Rhino 6 (and prior)

Hi Everyone,
I’ve used rhino for the last 10+ years and it appears there is a change that I either unknowingly activated in my move command or rhino7 is executing the move/copy command differently than previous versions.

Previous rhino6 sequence to move an object:

1. command: move
  2. select object
  3. select enter
  4. select start point
  5. select point to move to (here let’s assume I enter 10 and push enter)
  6. at this point in the sequence no matter where I move the cursor the object is represented as moving 10 from the initial point and will move in the direction of the cursor. When I click on the mouse it will move 10 from that starting point. Alternatively you can push space after entering 10 and it will also hold at 10 and end up at 10 when you left click with your mouse.

Rhino 7 current sequence:

1. command: move
  2. select object
  3. select enter
  4. select start point
  5. point to move to (here let’s assume I enter 10 and push enter)
  6. at this point in the sequence no matter where I move the cursor the object is represented as moving in that direction at the correct 10 distance, but when I left click, it will move to whatever distance my cursor is away from the initial point.
    If I hit space before hitting left click it will behave like rhino6 and be locked to that distance and not move to the distance of my mouse cursor.

Please help! (I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled. as this was not the case when I first got version 7 about a month ago. The change happened about a week or so ago). Is this a setting in options I accidentally activated? Has the move command been altered?

Thank you!

Mike

1 Like

Did some searching through changelogs: looks like this is the issue. Is there any way to fix this bug before a patch is made?

Agree with Mary here:

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-62774

@michael.dziubek

If I may help you to categorize the described behaviour, here I am not able to reproduce what you describe.

The move tool is working as expected.

Tested on Rhino for Mac Version 7 (7.5.21074.17002, 2021-03-15)
Could be specific to windows version…

Regards
Rodolfo Santos.

@michael.dziubek

You probably have a Rhino 7.3 or 7.4 installed. Please update to the latest release candidate of 7.5 and see if that fixes the problem. To do so, go to Options>Updates and statistics, change the frequency to “Release candidate” and then hit the “Check now” link. Download the latest version (7.5.21074.17001, 2021-03-15) and install.

This did fix the issue as described by the OP. I searched the forum for the same issue and glad to see that wasn’t a new way for Rhino to handle the Move command. Thank you for the instructions.