Rhino 7 Feature: Transparency

Hi Norbert - that is to be expected. This setting only changes the transparency of the base layer (or, when it works again, object) color. If you set the backfaces to have a different “material” than the “front face setting”, it won’t be transparent.
-wim

We will soon support “per object” transparency. There was an issue with the color dialog on windows when setting per object colors that we need to fix first.

1 Like

It would be really helpfull to automatically apply the same transpareny to the backface material (per layer, or - in the future - per object) in my opinion.
If not (as it is) layer transparency and backface coloring are working against each other.
Norbert

2 Likes

Hi Norbert - I agree, and we have the request for a more general layer or object “visiblility” setting on the list (BO-2792) but that is really a different feature than the one that is discussed in this thread.
-wim

1 Like

It would be also useful to have transparency option tick box in MatchProperties.

Hi Piotr - transparency (as discussed here) is a property of “Display color” or “Print color” and is matched as part of that property.
-wim

3 posts were split to a new topic: Object Display Mode in Match Properties

The other option is to provide another option to the display mode to get alpha from display color instead of a fixed value.

1 Like

Oh yes baby!

This is going to be really helpful!

That’s wonderful @stevebaer,

Thanks a lot.

Great addition, very useful!
I hope all little bugs can be solved in the near future because I would really like to start using it. :slight_smile:

Transparency/Picture in the background.

Changing colour resets transparency (little annoying).

@stevebaer ,
Did you consider enabling some of the display mode colors to work with transparency?
Specifically the curves, edges etc. It may create some new interesting possibilities.
–jarek

I added this to the wishlist at
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-65191

1 Like

If this also worked with pointcloud layers it would be awesome !!!
Regards,
Mike.

What are pointcloud layers?

Layers with pointclouds in them :slight_smile:
Sorry, I meant it would be great to be able to apply transparency t pointclouds using layers.