Thanks, that helps to know. The WIP list from Steve is more of a command bug list, which might be a little too 'focused' for what I am looking for, and could also refer to existing commands.
Please keep me posted if you do create a 'What's New Feature Document,' as that would definitely be the most helpful. For example, when you went from Rhino 4 to 5, the entire Layouts section and Detail Scaling was new.
Here's my informal shortlist of stuff, as posted by Brian and Pascal
- Osnaps should snap to visible objects only by default.
- FilletEdge fillets are editable using the 'edit' command line option
- There's a new basic material and preview
- New 'Thicken' render mesh modifier
- Support for Ngons (Ngonulate command)
- Grasshopper is included
- AddGuide/RemoveGuide (for when SmartTrack is active)
- Auto snapping to the origin and X and Y axes when SmartTrack is active
- InfinitePlanes, (type IP), accessible from any command that can use a plane, like Trim, Split, Boolean etc.
- Materials handled differently.
- Fresnel reflectivity and polish available in materials (polish = pretty slow...)