Rhino 6 updates and Mac/Win version

HI All

We have 3 seats of Rhino 5 and a single Mac seat. We’d love to have 2 Win seats and 2 Mac seats instead. Is it correct, that with Rhino 6, the license allows for a download of Rhino 5 for Mac OR a download of Rhino 5 for Win? It seams not very well documented (or I just haven’t found the right page).

TIA, Jakob

EDIT: Refering to THIS: https://www.rhino3d.com/access-rhino-5/mac

Hello
maybe this can help.https://wiki.mcneel.com/zoo/home

-Simon

Hi @Zsimon

Sorry, not what I was refering to - see edit to original post :slight_smile:

Thanks, Jakob

In my understanding, yes - for a NEW Rhino 6 license.
So, in your situation, you will continue to have those 3 seats of Rhino 5…

Hi @wim

Thanks for your feedback! I think it’s not very clear from the page I linked to. McNeel might want to change the wording, so that it’s clear, that this doesn’t apply to updates. Other people - especially those of us with a different native tongue - could probably misunderstand the current text… or maybe I’m just dumb :unamused:
Sooooo… anyone in need of a Rhino for Windows 6 Upgrade, 'cause we’ve got an extra :wink:

-Jakob

PS Don’t misunderstand me - it’s our own fault… Should have just waited for an answer, but as always, we are in a hurry :slight_smile:

No, I DID misunderstand this, too.

1 Like

@msmr - Good to know, that I’m not alone :smiley:

1 Like

How would you change this text:

Your Rhino 6 Commercial or Educational single-user license entitles you to run either Rhino 5 for Windows or Rhino 5 for Mac (but not both). Enter your email and license key, below, to access your Rhino 5 for Mac license key.

to make it clearer to you that you either get Rhino 5 for Windows or Rhino 5 for Mac (but not both)?

Hi @brian

Getting one or both wasn’t the issue. It’s that the deal only applies to the commercial FULL version - not upgrades. We have 3 Rh5 licenses, and bought Rh6 upgrades for them all, planning to downgrade one to a Rh5 for Mac license. So I would probably write something like:

“Your Rhino 6 Commercial or Educational single-user license entitles you to run either Rhino 5 for Windows or Rhino 5 for Mac (but not both). This does not apply to upgrades from previous versions of Rhino. Enter your email and license key, below, to access your Rhino 5 for Mac license key.”

In hindsigt, it seems logical that it only applies to the full version, but at a glance it seemed like a great deal - I should have just waited for an answer from you guys, instead of relying on the answer from the re-seller. I’m sure the extra license will come in handy one day :laughing:
Regards, Jakob

1 Like