Rhino 6 undo limited?

Example of what? A uselessly vague claim? Making what sorts of modifications? Rhino and Max are apples and oranges. Max has a history stack, yeah I think you can save undos that are just fiddling with a parameter, that’s not how Rhino works at all.

3ds max undo example. Just an example. This is not a fight argue. :frowning:
We are just talking about undos.
:frowning:

Well you’re the one continuing to insist you know how it should work, just like some completely different product used for completely different tasks in a completely different workflow, based on no useful information.

Maybe there is some misunderstanding. I love Rhino and there is a reason of why it’s my favourite CAD software and I can’t wait to buy Rhino 7. My intention above was to give an example of how other programs could handle very dense mesh models with ease. Maybe their rendering engine works in a different way. For example, if I import a very dense 3d scanned mesh model in Rhino or I convert some NURBS models into mesh, and then switch to Wireframe mode (or any mode that makes the mesh visible), or if I select the model, the performance tanks like crazy. It’s same with manual editing of the mesh geometry of such dense model. Same models don’t hit the performance in 3DS Max.

Another example with vastly reduced performance and freezes is when the Osnap is turned on and I want to draw some line next to a dense 3d mesh model. This is where the performance is hit heavily. Same on GTX 1070, GTX 1660Ti, GTX 1060, GTX 1050, Radeon 5700; all with latest drivers at the time of use and on different PC’s. However, if I convert a dense mesh model into NURBS, then the object snap works quick. Something with the mesh rendering impacts the performance.

I have been working with 3DS Max a few years ago to modify mesh models of car body panels for rendering purposes, that were originally made in Rhino. They consisted millions of polygons, and I manually edited the geometry such like welding certain verttices (i.e. mesh points), splitting faces, filling holes etc. There was no history stack involved for this kind of operations. I haven’t used any Modifiers in 3DS Max, either. They add history stacks. My work was completely manual editing of geometry mostly by moving points here and there, yet the program was able to handle many undos with no issues. 3DS Max allows the user to set 500 steps of undo.