Rhino 6 SR8 Broken

standing by

That file is giving me a McNeel Error Report when opening with Rhino6 SR7.
I can open it with Rhino 5 on the same computer.

When the error report is up on the screen, can you see a Rhinocrash.dmp file on your desktop? If so, please post it here… You must grab it before closing the error report…

-J

I just exported the geometry from the rhino 5 file and was able to open the copy of the geometry in rhino 6.

Do you use any plugins in V6? Wait, safe mode fails too… this is dang peculiar…

RhinoCrashDump.3dm (12.9 KB)

Hi Jake - a shot in the dark but if you delete all text and annotations on all layers from a copy of this file in V5 and save, does that work?

-Pascal

The crash dump file might shed light on all of this though…

I have a couple of in house plugins that we use. I can try uninstalling each to see if they are causing the issue.

1 Like

Ok, but those technically shouldn’t be loading in SafeMode…

Pascal, I can see if there is any text or annotations in the file. I don’t think there is any but I will check again.

There wasn’t any in the file you sent… and it opens fine here.

There is some text on nested off layers.

-Pascal

Ah… sorry, I missed that.

@jake1 You posted the Rhinocrash 3dm file… I need the .dmp file.

That worked… I removed the text from the nested layers using Rhino 5 and saved as.
Rhino 6 opens fine. I am still in SR7.
I am going to update to SR8 now.

What’s really odd is that the Rhinocrashdump.3dm file you did post opens with a single, ortho viewport, maximized…and I can’t do anything with it… Might be some strange condition that occurs when crashing…I wouldn’t even know how to repro this by hand though.

SR8 is working with this file as well.

Thank you guys for the help.

I couldn’t upload the .dmp file because of the extension.
I tried changing the file extension so I could just upload, but the file is also too big.

Are you using any strange fonts that are only on your system? Just guessing here.

Hi Jake- if the dmp file is still there, please zip and upload to www.rhino3d.com/upload -

-Pascal