Rhino 6 Release Candidate 2 Available

Download Rhino 6 Release Candidate now!

We’re not adding any new features, nor are we making significant changes to the UI. We’re also done breaking the APIs, so plug-ins written for this Beta will work in the commercial release of Rhino 6.

Crash Fixed:

Bug:

• Annotation:
    • Changing mask of a group of annotations with different styles throws an exception (RH-43416)
    • Properties panel looks ratty (RH-42055)
    • Rework control layouts in Annotation UI (RH-43147)
  • BlendSrf: Can not achieve the desired continuity (RH-43196)
  • Build Process: Detect file type changes in material localization (RH-43363)
  • Display: Material shows up black in Rendered mode (RH-43317)
  • Elevator Mode: Merge RH-42677 and RH-42683 to 6.0 branch (RH-43351)
  • File IO: IGES units default to microns and that’s wrong (RH-43388)
  • Installer: Installer not localized in Polish (RH-41750)
  • Localization:
    • Can’t find this Tooltip to localize (Focal Blur) (RH-43228)
    • German Grid Settings dialog resizing bug (RH-43393)
    • Two unlocalized commands in German RH6 (RH-43411)
  • Print:
  • Rendering: Materials: Visualization error (RH-42759)
  • SDK: RhinoCommon: Point lights in Flamingo 5.5 do not work (RH-43392)
  • Select: Slow at first (RH-43368)
  • Toolbars: Tooltips missing (RH-43337)
  • TextObject: Bug in _TextObject command (RH-43158)

Download Now and report any problems in this forum.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Rhino 6 MSI Deployment

I used the link “Download Rhino 6 Release Candidate now!”. The download page indicated it was a beta. This is what was downloaded:
rhino_en-us_6.0.18012.13241.exe

The release candidate is now Rhino 6.0…

That is the BETA. You should have received an email with your BETA license key after downloading. Shortly, the BETA links will become Evaluation download links instead.

Worked fine for me. I was sent an evaluation license by e-mail. I’m good till April 18th. Thanks RDT( Rhino Developement Team)—-Mark

Got it, thanks Brian.

hI @brian

So, I’m on Beta v6 Release Candidate 1 right now. As far as I know, its evaluation period end is not imminent. But if I go v6 Candidate 2, does that mean past April 22nd, I won’t be able to save my work? Will Candidate 1 be able to open it?

I’m using this in a production setting (I know it’s at my own peril) and want to make sure I don’t mess myself up by updating software.

I plan on updating to the full version of Rhino6 when it becomes avail, but in the meantime need to make sure I’m fully capable of working, saving, opening, etc.

Thanks!

You are aware it already is available, right? (Rhino 6 download live)

1 Like

No.

No, I did not. :sunglasses:

A friend of mine is wondering about the Mac version. Any word?

We are working on it.

/Nathan

The anaglyph view mode was silently removed without any notice or comment.
Will it be back in SR1, or in SR2?

A couple more words than Nathan: we’re currently trying to get it to run well, without crashing. When we get it stable, we’ll release a WIP. Then, we’ll be getting all the new V6 Windows features running on the Mac, and we’ll ship. I have no idea how long it will take. No promises here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the additional info!

EDIT: Sorry for that weblink that came up before. It’s from my reply from within my email program. I’ve edited it out of the thread.

Hi @brian

Since I’ve updated to v6 Release Candidate 2, I’m finding that Control-Shift Selecting individual objects in a group is very slow. Sometimes a 1/4 Beat, sometimes as slow as a full second. Very odd.

ALSO: When I delete something with multiple crvs, in a decent-sized file (24mb) they delete crv-by-crv. Like an animation of them deleting.

Hi @Alan_Farkas that’s really strange.

Sometimes bugs get introduced into Rhino related to the properties panel, or other panels that dock. I wonder if you close some of those panels if things speed up (and the objects delete more quickly). If you can figure out which panels cause the slowdown (if, in fact, my theory holds any water) then it should be easy for us to fix the problem.

thank @brian, but got rid of everything but the standard toolbars and Properties and Layers. No luck

Also, and this is a real problem, when I double click into a Viewport to change something on the modeling layer, and then click back into Layout page, a bunch of dimensions shoot off into oblivion. Not a new thing from Candidate 2, but I don’t think I’ve mentioned it before (and haven’t seen a posting about it)

Do you have a sample we could try to repeat this with?