Rhino 6 problems

hello,

i´m trying Rhino 6 Beta for the last 2hours, and have two problems already:

edit fillet, for me, would be the best feature ever, but it doesn´t work as I thought… I filleted (in diferente times), two edges of a polysurface, edit fillet only allowed to edit the last fillet and doesn´t recognizes the other edge. Also, if I estrat a surface out of that polysurface (attention, this extracted surface didn´t had anything to do with the previous fillets), then edit fillet doesn´t work at all… Please improve this as you don´t know how many times I have to almost fully rebuild a model due to the change in fillets!!

Second problem: can´t cageEdit a curve… simply doesn´t work… same line and same cage in Rhino5 Works fine. Please fix this problem.

Bye,
carina

Hi Carina - thanks - the limitations in editing fillets are indeed there…These are likely to remain for the foreseeable future I’m afraid. As for the cage edit problem, it seems to work here on curves, so, please post an example that does not work for you, and I’ll take a look.

-Pascal

Hello,

ohh… I was so happy when I saw the preview for edit fillets… So, the editing capability is only working right after doing the first fillet and only if the polysurface remais exactly the same as in the beggining?

The curves with cageedit still don´t work, how can I attach a file here?
whern I copy the curves to rhino5 and do a cageedit with the same control points as in rhino6, it Works perfectly…

Unfortunately editing fillets is so limited in it’s usefulness that it’s barely worth mentioning when discussing new features in V6.

1 Like

Click on the vertical arrow icon above where you type your post.

You can also drag and drop files onto the text area of the editor.

curvas.3dm (52.9 KB)

Thank you, please check it…

The curve and cage in your file work with CageEdit for me in Rhino 6 Beta.

BETA
(6.0.17325.8311, 11/21/2017)
Beta

Loading Rhino Render, version 1.50, Nov 21 2017, 09:15:41
Successfully read file “C:\Users\David Cockey\Downloads\curvas.3dm”
1 control added to selection.
1 curve added to selection.
Command: CageEdit
Select captive objects
Select captive objects. Press Enter when done
Select control object ( BoundingBox Line Rectangle Box Deformation=Accurate PreserveStructure=No )
Region to edit ( Global Local Other ): g
1 cage point added to selection.
2 cage points, 1 control added to selection.
Drag objects, tap Alt to make a duplicate, press and hold Alt to temporarily toggle osnaps
2 cage points added to selection.
Drag objects, tap Alt to make a duplicate, press and hold Alt to temporarily toggle osnaps

tried again and still not working… I don´t get it…

Must be some detail of what you are doing.

CageEdit command (not Cage)

Select captive objects: Select the curve, then Enter

Select control object Select the cage

Region to edit Enter if you like the default, or select a different option. I usually use Global

Enter

Control points of the cage should be visible. Move control points of the cage to alter the curve.

Hello again,
I Know it works like that, but that´s not how I do in Rhino 5. I´ll detail you the steps so you can understand what doesn´t work:

-select crv
-type cageedit
-control object is Bounding box
-world
-points I tried several, but is for this exemple X=2, Y=3, Z=2
-region global
enter

So, I don´t have to have a previous cage done for cageedit to work! this is how I´ve always done (and works) in Rhino 5, why doesn´t it work in this version?

it works for me using your workflow. When does the problem occur for you?

Successfully read file "C:\Users\David Cockey\Downloads\curvas.3dm"
1 curve added to selection.
Command: CageEdit
Select control object ( BoundingBox Line Rectangle Box Deformation=Accurate PreserveStructure=No ): b
Coordinate system ( CPlane World 3Point ): w
Cage parameters ( XPointCount=10 YPointCount=10 ZPointCount=10 XDegree=1 YDegree=2 ZDegree=1 ): x=2
Cage parameters ( XPointCount=2 YPointCount=10 ZPointCount=10 XDegree=1 YDegree=2 ZDegree=1 ): y=3
Cage parameters ( XPointCount=2 YPointCount=3 ZPointCount=10 XDegree=1 YDegree=2 ZDegree=1 ): z=2
Cage parameters ( XPointCount=2 YPointCount=3 ZPointCount=2 XDegree=1 YDegree=2 ZDegree=1 )
Region to edit ( Global Local Other ): g

Simply doesn´t work… I move the cage points and the curve remains unaltered. I attached the same file as before but with the cage deformed by moving the points and you can see that the crv is exactly as beforecurvas.3dm (48.9 KB)

If I run SelCaptives>All, your curves should select as captives of the two cages, but they don’t. So somehow they have become dissociated with the cages. If I run CageEdit and re-select the cages as control objects, it seems to be working here.

–Mitch

exactly, the curves are dissociated with the cages, but how´s that possible is I run the cageedit command as described above (-select crv
-type cageedit
-control object is Bounding box
-world
-points I tried several, but is for this exemple X=2, Y=3, Z=2
-region global
enter)??

I know it Works if I select the cages as control objects, but I don´t want to have to do the cages first and only after cageedit, it´s double work and I use that command a lot…

Dunno, like @davidcockey above, with the procedure you outlined, it seems to be working correctly here. --Mitch

I think I can reproduce the problem when curve control points are visible.

@cgaio can you try with

unchecked, and POff when your curve is selected? I find that CageEdit then has the curve properly captivated.

(In other words CageEdit doesn’t capture the curve properly when selecting the control box created by a previous attempt when the control points on the curve are on).

THANK YOU Nathan, it´s exactly it! It Works fine if the turn control points is off! Mine was on as it´s a default option when you open Rhino6.

But is still na error in Rhino 6 that should be fixed: if they added this option to show the control points it shouldn´t invalidate using normal commands, so please fix this bug…

I have reported this issue as RH-42727.

thanks!