Rhino 6 Niggles..any ideas? Cycles and sizes and circles

Hi All… Love my new Rhino 6, but 3 things are a bit odd… Note that I am coming from Rhino 3… Circles… it can’t as easily find the center and sometimes not at all of proper circles. And Cycles render is droolworthy… but when I try to capture a render larger than my viewport … when you say something like 3 times bigger with transparent background and ground plane on just catch shadows… it comes out black… is this a cycles limitation or a graphics card thing? When I render anything with transparency in Rhino Render it makes whatever is behind it also transparent… instead of just the area with no model, as in the background… I get the feeling these issues have been solved somewhere but I can’t find the answers…?

My system:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Driver version: 391.35
Direct3D API version: 11
Direct3D feature level: 11_1
CUDA Cores: 768
Core clock: 1341 MHz
Memory data rate: 7008 MHz
Memory interface: 128-bit
Memory bandwidth: 112.13 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 7779 MB
Dedicated video memory: 4096 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 3683 MB
Video BIOS version: 86.07.39.40.A6
IRQ: Not used
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2

Thanks in advance of any replies.
Al

This is most likely due to RH-45147. It is on my list to fix.

Awesome… Thanks Nathan, I can’t wait to get a good size Rhinocycles render out :slight_smile:

Hello - I’m not sure I follow - but there is a setting in Otions > Modeling aids to allow snapping to the centers of not-perfect circles - does that help?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal… That worked perfectly thanks… it now snaps to the circles that it didn’t before.

Kind regards :slight_smile: Alan

RH-45147 is fixed in the latest Service Release Candidate