Rhino 6 needs license after Rhino 7 installation

Hi @brian,

after the smooth Rhino 7 installation, also the old Rhino 6 installation wants again its RH60-… license, after starting Rhino 6. This seams like a bug.

Cheers

Michael

Did you buy an upgrade or a full copy of V7? Nobody from McNeel that I know of has spelled out the policy for the old version when it’s upgraded. I know when V5 was upgraded to V6 the user wa allowed to keep their V5 license. Whether this policy will apply to V7 upgrades nobody has said yet.

Hi AIW,

I am a reseller and have a NFR license. I don’t talk about policy, I am talking about the installation process.

Cheers

Michael

Hi @AlW,

Dunno about policy, but after installing the R7 release update, I have working licences for 7, 6 and 5. I suspect 4 would work too, if I could find the installation disks…

Jeremy

Yep, just got this too, after uninstalling the WIP/Beta, putting my V7 NFR license in my Rhino account and opening V7. Then, when I opened V6, it asked for a license and I had to point it back to my Rhino account.

Hi @brian,

after a 3 houre break and restarting the PC now also Rhino 7 asks again for NFR the license. What is going on? I’ve installed the NFR license locally.

Thanks

Michael

@Michael_Meyer did you have your Rhino 6 license on that computer, in the Zoo, or in Cloud Zoo? Did you have a Rhino WIP installed?

Hi @brian,

yes, Rhino 6 is installed and was also asking once for the RH60 license, after I’ve installed Rhino 7. The Rhino 7 NFR license is installed locally on two PCs.

Thanks

Michael

I’ve found this bug. Unfortunately, the fix needs to be made in Rhino 6 and will go out with 6.32.
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-61571

1 Like

Same happened to me :frowning:

RH-61571 is fixed in the latest Service Release

I just downloaded Rhino 7 from download.mcneel.com and encountered this. The SR you mention isn’t on your site yet?

6.32 is the latest Rhino 6 build available from https://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/6/latest (linked from the archives section of the link I posted, above).

What inspired you to use the link you used?

Oh, didn’t realize it was a Rhino 6 SR you were referring to. I’ll try that tomorrow.

That link was given to me by one of you McNeel guys on this very forum a while back, and I’ve used it to update the install files on our network share ever since.

Hi
I have 2 licenses, one on RH6 and one RH7. We are using RH6 until the second license upgrades (in progress) and for clients that are still RH6 file format. We have updated to to RH6 sr33 and it still does not recognize the second license.

Thanks for your help.

Richard