Rhino 6 needs license after Rhino 7 installation

Hi @brian,

after the smooth Rhino 7 installation, also the old Rhino 6 installation wants again its RH60-… license, after starting Rhino 6. This seams like a bug.

Cheers

Michael

Did you buy an upgrade or a full copy of V7? Nobody from McNeel that I know of has spelled out the policy for the old version when it’s upgraded. I know when V5 was upgraded to V6 the user wa allowed to keep their V5 license. Whether this policy will apply to V7 upgrades nobody has said yet.

Hi AIW,

I am a reseller and have a NFR license. I don’t talk about policy, I am talking about the installation process.

Cheers

Michael

Hi @AlW,

Dunno about policy, but after installing the R7 release update, I have working licences for 7, 6 and 5. I suspect 4 would work too, if I could find the installation disks…

Jeremy

Yep, just got this too, after uninstalling the WIP/Beta, putting my V7 NFR license in my Rhino account and opening V7. Then, when I opened V6, it asked for a license and I had to point it back to my Rhino account.

Hi @brian,

after a 3 houre break and restarting the PC now also Rhino 7 asks again for NFR the license. What is going on? I’ve installed the NFR license locally.

Thanks

Michael

@Michael_Meyer did you have your Rhino 6 license on that computer, in the Zoo, or in Cloud Zoo? Did you have a Rhino WIP installed?

Hi @brian,

yes, Rhino 6 is installed and was also asking once for the RH60 license, after I’ve installed Rhino 7. The Rhino 7 NFR license is installed locally on two PCs.

Thanks

Michael

I’ve found this bug. Unfortunately, the fix needs to be made in Rhino 6 and will go out with 6.32.
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-61571

1 Like

Same happened to me :frowning: