Rhino 6 Mac Beta: View panning/dragging problem in Grasshopper

When panning the Grasshopper document view by dragging with the right mouse button, dragging the mouse beyond the edges of the window causes the document view to jump significantly, almost always beyond where GH objects are on the view. It happens with all of the edges of the window (Top Right Bottom Left). Needless to say this makes working with GH incredibly annoying.

BTW, I remember seeing this bug written up a few versions back, but I can’t find it now. I don’t know if this is a regression (I missed a few WIP’s) but I definitely experienced it in previous WIP versions.

macOS: 14.4.4

Hi Cris - I see this, thanks.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-52989

-Pascal

This should be fixed in the latest RhinoBETA for Rhino 6 for Mac. Please give it a try.

The main issue is solved, but I found another smaller problem.

This only comes into play on multi-monitor setups.

Let’s imagine that we have the current setup:

• Monitor 1 is on the left
  • Monitor 2 is on the right

Position the Grasshopper window so that its right edge abuts the right edge of Monitor 1. When panning the view, if the cursor goes over the right edge, it stays stuck on the left edge of Monitor 2 instead of being teleported to the left edge of the GH window like it should.

The behavior doesn’t have anything to do with the position of the Grasshopper window per se. If you move the mouse fast enough while panning the cursor can end up stuck in the other monitor. The behavior occurs as well if you have the Grasshopper window on Monitor 2 and you pan-drag towards Monitor 1.

A much less annoying problem, but it would be nice if it got fixed!

c.

I see that here too. Logged in:

RH-53441 Grasshopper: Position jump while panning and the cursor ends up on secondary display

Thanks for reporting this! I’d not noticed it before and it just so happens I have the same display arrangement.

This issue should be fixed in the latest Release Candidate for Rhino 6 for Mac (6.20).