Rhino 6 for Mac too low CPU usage

My Macbook Pro 16-inch is with a Core i9 running at 2.3GHz. However it has been extremely laggy when it comes to slightly complex modelling or physical simulation run by grasshopper.
I found this wired so I had the same models and simulations run on windows PC. They were perfectly smooth on PC with much less powerful CPUs.
So I checked my CPU usage on Mac and found the problem, the CPU usage never exceeded 10% while I was working in rhino.
I have asked apple technical support and they told me that the system does not limit CPU performance. Then the problem has to be caused by rhino. I’m running rhino at the latest version and couldn’t find a setting on CPU limitation.
Can someone please help with this? I really enjoy working on Mac, but this laggy performance is forcing me to switch to windows when it comes to complex model.
Thank you very much.

Do you have a Radon Pro or Intel graphics card?

If the later, you are going to have problems with any graphics on the Mac.

CPU is the lowest indicator of performance on a computer. The bus on most computers cannot handle the throughput of a typical CPU. The $500 premium one pays for extra Mhz on a CPU is just money in Intel’s pocket.

Thank you for the reply
It has both AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB and an Intel one. It runs on Radeon Pro when rhino is on.
I have heard that rhino is completely CPU-based for rendering and physical simulations, so I think any regular graphics card could handle the work smoothly.

I have a similar spec 16" MBP, and have been experiencing laggy, slow behaviour with Make2d, and anything with lots of curves, just dragging with the Gumball is painful 🤷

Please see the CPU usage tracker at the very top.
Running extremely laggy when simply assigning a point in GH,
but just couldn’t be bothered to give that i9 a bit more work to do with.
CPU usage is even higher when using safari posting this update :sweat_smile:
please help