Rhino 6 crashing very often

What program is that?

I updated it and it still crashes

ErrorFix Kit

Hi Nathan,

My Rhino 6 is also crashing every times I open it. I have updated all the drivers in my laptop. Currently I use Rhino 6 sr13 which I believe it is the recent update one.

Attach is all the information from my System Information. Really hope you can help.

Rhino 6 SR13 2019-2-27 (Rhino 6, 6.13.19058.371, Git hash:master @ 17cd8b51accbe17dd04b48028f49d5e77a67f17b)
License type: Educational, build 2019-02-27
License details: Cloud Zoo. In use by: david.setiadi ()

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 16Gb)
Machine name: DESKTOP-7IC0G56

Hybrid graphics system.
Primary display: Intel® HD Graphics 520 (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 3-8-2019 (M-D-Y).
Primary OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce GPU (NVidia) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 3-17-2019 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 419.67

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 3-17-2019
Driver Version: 25.21.14.1967
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 1 GB

Rhino plugins
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 6.13.19058.371
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Rhino Render”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 6.13.19058.371
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 6.13.19058.371
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 6.13.19058.371
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”

Hi David - does Rhino crash when you start it in safe mode?

Hii Wim,

no, it is working fine in safe mode.

David

SECURITY, PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this
information without our prior consent is strictly prohibited. The views of the author may not necessarily reflect those of the Architectural Association (Inc.). If you have any doubts as to the authenticity of this e-mail please contact either the sender or
the Architectural Association directly. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment. The Architectural Association (Inc.) is not liable for any damage that you suffer as a result of software viruses. The Architectural Association,
Inc. is a Registered Charity Incorporated as a Company limited by guarantee. Registered in England No. 171402. Registered office: 36 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3ES

Thanks for that information.
You wrote that Rhino crashes every time you open it (in “normal” mode).
Is that when you open a file or just starting Rhino with a factory-default template?

It happens every time I start to use it (i.e. creating lines, changing viewport etc) in a factory-default template.

David

SECURITY, PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this
information without our prior consent is strictly prohibited. The views of the author may not necessarily reflect those of the Architectural Association (Inc.). If you have any doubts as to the authenticity of this e-mail please contact either the sender or
the Architectural Association directly. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment. The Architectural Association (Inc.) is not liable for any damage that you suffer as a result of software viruses. The Architectural Association,
Inc. is a Registered Charity Incorporated as a Company limited by guarantee. Registered in England No. 171402. Registered office: 36 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3ES

Hi David - the drivers look up to date, but some users find that uninstalling and reinstalling video drivers helps, with similar symptoms. You’ll want to download the latest driver packages for your system and reinstall these.

-Pascal

hi Pascal,

Thank you for your suggestion and my apology for my late response. It is working now. Apparently after i uninstall ‘duet’ software, it is working again. I think there is a bug in the ‘duet’.

Best,

David Hutama

Hi - we see other reports of trouble with Duet. Thanks for the additional information!
cheers,
wim

Hi there,

having the same Problem - my Rhino crashes when I open a file. It freezes.
I use a Rhino 6 on windows 10 (bootcamp for mac).

Rhino 6 SR14 2019-4-28 (Rhino 6, 6.14.19118.15561, Git hash:master @ 8f0a84997c310a7ec1a42cf2704da8daa33e3e21)

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 32Gb)
Machine name: DESKTOP-933FN4B

Non-hybrid graphics.
Primary display and OpenGL: AMD RADEON R9 M395X (AMD) Memory: 4GB, Driver date: 10-5-2015 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.5.13407 Compatibility Profile Context 15.201.2001.0

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: ATI Technologies Inc.
Render version: 4.5
Shading Language: 4.40
Driver Date: 10-5-2015
Driver Version: 15.201.2001.0
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Total Video Memory: 4 GB

Rhino plugins
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 6.14.19118.15561
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Rhino Render”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 6.14.19118.15561
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 6.14.19118.15561
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 6.14.19118.15561
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”

Any clue why?

You could start by updating your drivers.

I tried to update the Driver but could not find any info where to do so?

Check drivers from https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/apple-boot-camp

Thanks! I think it works. But my sys info looks a bit strange :

Vendor Name: Microsoft Corporation
Render version: 0.0
Shading Language: Not supported
Driver Date: (null)
Driver Version: (null)
Maximum Texture size: 1024 x 1024
Z-Buffer depth: 32 bits
Total Video Memory: n/a

Hello - you should do a clean install of your drivers -

-Pascal

Just wanted to say that this was solved long ago with an update, however i notice many replies, might be an idea to start new threads specific to your problems. thanks arkadius