Rhino 6.1 post installation crash on Windows 7 64 bits

rhino6
unhandled

(Frederic Conrotte) #1

Hello

I’ve just installed a brand new Rhino 6 install on my Windows 7 64 bits PC and I crash on first start !?

However it does not crash when i start it in “fail safe” mode.

Any idea what’s happening ?

Here is the content on the RhinoDotNetCrash.txt file

System::AppDomain::CurrentDomain->UnhandledException event occurred

SENDER: Nom :DefaultDomain
Aucune stratégie de contexte.

EXCEPTION: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
SOURCE: "csycles"
CALL STACK
à ccl.CSycles.cycles_initialise()
à RhinoCycles.Plugin.InitialiseCSycles()
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
à System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Can't open trial version of Rhino 6 outside of safemode
(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #2

@frederic.conrotte, this is fixed in the code already, it will be in the next 6.2 release candidate (and obviously final 6.2). You can for now load-protect the RhinoCycles plug-in while in the fail safe mode. Just don’t forget to re-enable it when you’ve got the next 6.2 release candidate (YT item RH-44147)

Also, please check your drivers. My guess is that you have at least a (built-in) Intel GPU that has a (very) old driver. If Rhino doesn’t see it, i.e. it sees for your possible Nvidia or AMD GPU, then check in the device manager if you have an Intel GPU - check its driver date. The crash I investigated showed a driver from 2012… You could try updating that also and see if the crash goes away.

(Frederic Conrotte) #3

Thanks for your quick answer

Indeed I have an Intel HD Graphics 3000 and the driver was very old (2012)

I updated it, restart my PC but the crash is still there

Any idea when 6.2 will be out ?

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #4

Thanks for testing, this makes it even more important to submit the patch to the Blender Cycles developers :slight_smile:

Probably begin March, but you can already subscribe to the service release candidate stream through Help > Check Updates... - the next release candidate that will contain the fix, and will probably available through the automatic update system. Probably sometime next week.

(Frederic Conrotte) #5

Ok thanks

How can I receive a notification when the release candidate is out ?

(Steve Baer) #6

Did you try this? It should get your current Rhino back up and running.

Just set the following. Rhino will do the rest and notify you when the update has been downloaded and ready to install.

(Frederic Conrotte) #8

I just found out how to do it;
https://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/loadprotect

indeed, after disabling the plugin it does not crash anymore !

thanks for the support guys

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #9

@frederic.conrotte, did you see my private message to you?