Rhino 5 update details

Hello McNeel and Friends,
I am currently running Win7 64bit and Rhino 5.12.50810.13095. I have been dis-allowing an update (I am old school here)but perhaps it is time. Can anyone please tell me in-a-nutshell what the new deltas are?
Thanks.

Rhino 5 SR12 is the latest version of Rhino 5. Rhino 6 is in development.

You can always use the “Check Now” button in the Updates dialog (Help … Updates), even if you don’t automatically upgrade.

Regardless the fact, that stevelane (in this particular case) is using the newest version of Rhino - this is still a very good question!
When new service-releases are published, there is no way to find a changelog before installing the update (at least no way i have found so far).
I am also a bit of “old-school” concerning updates and, just like in a supermarket, i would very much appreciate the posibility to read about the incredients of a product before “buying it” and taking it home. :wink:

When new service-releases are published, there is no way to find a
changelog before installing the update (at least no way i have found so
far).

You can find release notes for any service release like so

http://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/5.0/sr/changes?CodeStream=5.12
(replace the end of the URL with the desired changes).

Also, the changes are published on the download page of the SR: http://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/5.0/sr and click “Read Change Log”.

Thanks, menno!

So, i change my

into that one:

:wink:

1 Like

Whatever man.

Hi menno,
I must clarify my recent post. My tool is asking for a new “service-release” and not a “version-update”. Thanks for the links and I will take a look at.

BTW, in my past years of ECAD & MCAD tool usage, to allow carte-blanche updates (via automatic updating) sometimes can render legacy designs into problematic backward compatibility issues; plus I usually have several designs in flux at the same time so any gotcha’s will impact my time sensitive completion dates. So I always like to review any changes that may impact these efforts.

Thanks again.
sl