Rhino 5 SR6 is a significant release for us. In addition to the usual bug fixes and enhancements, we’ve also made a couple big changes under the hood:
- The latest release of Zoo 5 now supports licenses for Rhino 5, Flamingo nXt, Bongo 2.0, and Penguin 2.0. Everyone that uses the Zoo will need Rhino 5 SR6 installed. This should dramatically simplify the deployment of Rhino throughout school and large office networks.
- Rhino 5 is now distributed as one download per language. There are no longer an Evaluation, Commercial, and Service Release downloads. Both 32- and 64-bit Rhino are installed on 64-bit computers. The single download allows running Rhino as an evaluation, and lets you enter a license to convert it to a full version. This is our first step toward providing electronic distribution. There are lots and lots of changes under the hood that come with this - if we did our job correctly, you shouldn’t notice anything strange.
To download Rhino 5 SR6:
- From the Help menu, click Check for Updates
- In the Update Frequency drop-down box, select Service Release Candidate
- Rhino should update within the next 24 hours.
Or, if you just can’t wait, you can download and install manually.
Please report any problems on this forum!