There is a new Mac Work In Progress (WIP) build available.
This Mac release includes all applicable updates and fixes from Rhino for Windows V5 SR10.
This Mac WIP release also includes these Mac-specific changes:
- The Toucan renderer is now hidden. The Toucan renderer will not be available in the commercial release of Rhino. For those who currently have projects that depend on the Toucan renderer, you can expose the Toucan renderer with the TestShowToucan command.
- The Details information about selected objects has been moved to a section of the Object Properties panel.
- This version fixes the renderer that did not work in version 5A731.
- Lots and lots of language localization work.
- The PictureFrame, BackgroundBitmap, Zebra, and EMap commands work again.
- Various fixes made to the material editor.
- Crashes have been fixed.
- When the Skylight is turned on in Render > Render Properties, a viewport in Rendered mode may appear washed out and have “sketchy” shadows. We are still working on this issue.
We typically release a new Work In Progress version every Tuesday.
This Mac WIP release requires license validation. License validation verifies that the license you are running was issued by McNeel. Rhino will automatically prompt you to validate your license when it starts. If you experience problems with license validation, please post them at http://discourse.mcneel.com.
If Rhino is crashing when opening or saving models and you have DropBox installed, please upgrade OS X Yosemite to the latest version. There is a bug in the initial distribution of OS X Yosemite that causes this crash.
Please report any problems you find in the Rhino for Mac support forum.
Rhino for Mac now requires a license key and license validation.
Requires latest version of OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), OS X Mavericks (10.9), or OS X Yosemite (10.10).