Rhino 5 export as .slc no longer in menu

Old laptop failed and I’ve had to install my licence of Rhino 5 onto a new computer and an export option that I commonly use disappeared - .slc is no longer listed in the file format options when exporting.

Hello - what service release of Rhino is installed?

-Pascal

I recall that SLC files were part of the Modelworks/Solidscape stuff.

Version 5 SR14 64-bit
(5.14.522.8390, 5/22/2017)

Not sure of .slc file types origin - I’ve used it as a step in the generation of curves from forms for 3d printing experimentation

If memory serves, the 32-bit version of Rhino V5 includes the ModelWorks command, that can create SLC files.

you are right, it does include the ModelWorks command - unfortunately there are hard set parameters for the spacing of slices. exporting as .slc allowed any value to be used.

Sorry, I’m out of ideas.
I can’t find anything on the Rhino Web site, Wiki support pages, or Food4Rhino for SLC files other than through the Modelworks command.

Do you have any recollection of getting a plug-in to add this support?

I think Rhino 3 or 4 actually had .slc as a native Rhino export option. It disappeared at some point with a new version.

It was definitely present in the Rhino 5 install on the old laptop - granted that was directly from the disk, and my fresh install was downloaded.

I’ve been putting off generating a grasshopper definition for the same function anyway - I suppose now is the time!

Your V5 32-bit could have migrated a V4 plug-in to give you the export file type too.
That assumes V4 was installed in the system you installed V5 on.