Rhino 5 - crashes after input in command line

Version 5 SR7 64-bit
(5.7.31213.18395, 12/13/2013)
Educational Lab License

RH5 crashes after making an input (new command) in the command line. It always happens exactly as soon as I press space bar to initiate the command, however it does not seem to happen for a specific command. it seems to be quite random as I’ve observed this for about a month. I uploaded my crashdump from the most recent occurrence today.

system info:
CPU: 2X Xeon E5-2620
Dell T7600
16GBRAM
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro K2000 - 2GB

Most of the non-UI options in RH5 is default with the exception of openGL in which I have “accelerated hardware” UNCHECKED.

I would appreciate if you get back to me with a solution; I have to save my file every 5-10 minutes in case of a crash and that is interfering with my workflow.
thanks and regards,
Foad

RhinoCrashDump.3dm (167.1 KB)

(Dale Fugier) #2

Hi Foad,

Can you zip and email me the .DMP file that was left on your desktop?

dale@mcneel.com

Thanks,

– Dale

Hi Dale,
there was no .DMP file…I only have the CrashDump.3dm and the BackupModel file,
I can look for the DMP file next time it happens as I’m sure it’ll happen again soon.
It should automatically dump on my desktop right?

thanks,
Foad

(Pascal Golay) #4

Hi Foad-

Why? Is there any problem with accelerated hardware modes? Also, try setting video your card like so: nVidia control panel > Global settings page is set to use Workstation App- Dynamic Streaming

-Pascal

thanks Pascal,
I had the accelerated hardware mode off because I read about a few weeks ago on this forum that the problem is with the new nVidia driver;

I turned on the accelerated mode,
and in nVidia setting i switched to Workstation App - Dynamic Streaming…is the issue with the threaded op?

I’ll see if the crashes persist and post back.
thank you.
Foad

(Dale Fugier) #6

Yes it will be on your desktop. But if you don’t send in the crash dump - by filling out the form that appears when you crash - then the file will be removed.

Its important that you submit your crashes. Otherwise we cannot fix them.

Thanx Dale,
I will do that next time it happens if the crashing persists; so far today Pascal’s recommendation has worked.
Thanks again,
Foad