Rhino 5 and rhino 6 crash and cannot load file from previus version

Hi there,
I am having a lot of problems to work with the new release or update.
yesterday I made an update to rhino 5 64 bits to the new Version 5 SR14 64-bit
(5.14.522.8390, 5/22/2017) and also rhino 6 to the new 6.14 Version 6 SR13
(6.13.19058.371, 2/27/2019) and really I dont know what ist happening because I cannot open files that were made from the previous SR.
and whe I start a new file rhino 5 or rhino 6 and I save it. and whe I try to load the file just rhino crash again and again and the file cannot be open anymore. really frustrating

I think there is somethin wrong with the new release that jut make a file corrupt or I dont know waht ist happenig hier.

please I would apreciate to be informed if there ist a way to roll back to the previous SR without the needed uninstaling rhino. or a fix for the new release.

Hi @reneluna2005,

Could you clarify what you’re doing? You say you can’t open files created in the previous SR. Do you mean Rhino 5 or 6?

A file created in Rhino 5 SR13 cannot be opened in Rhino 5 SR14?
A file created in Rhino 6 SR13 cannot be opened in Rhino 6 SR14?

Will a file created in Rhino 6 crash if opened in the same Rhino 6 version?

-David

HI david,
yes exactly,
for example models made in rhino 5.11 64_bits cannot be opened in rhino 5.14 64 bits.
but with 5.11 32 bits works.
the same modells in rhino 6.12 cannot be opened in rhino 6.14
they just crash when trying to open the file.

I ran rhino 6 in safe mode and the model is there.

ist there maybe some problem with the mesh shading in the new release?

in the previous releases I had any problems just with these releases…

@reneluna2005,

Could you please copy the text from Rhino 6’s Help -> System Information... and paste it here?

When the model crashed in Rhino 6 - did you send in a crash report? If you did, did you provide the same e-mail as your user account is signed up with here on Discourse? I couldn’t find any crash dumps from that e-mail.

If you didn’t send in a crash report - could you please make it crash again and send one in? This will greatly help in the investigation.

I send a crash right know but I dont know exactly to which email was sent it

I am writing from another email.

I send you the files created when crash and and the system information that you need.

6.rar (9.0 MB)

I was able to open the model when I insert it as a Block in a new model, but when I explode it and save it with another name the new model cannot be open again. just crash.

I attach the model in rhino 6 so you can try by yourself

Profil_F_small_Block.rar (1.3 MB)

Hello - the file opens here OK - it looks like it has user data from a plug-in called Sofistik - is that a plug-in you have? If you disable that in Options > Plug-ins page and then restart Rhino, does the file open?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,
yes we use that plugin just for rhino 6 and another ones that build user atributes.
I’ve checked all the plugins one by one and when I deactivate plugins that use user atributes then I can open the modell.
I remove also the plugins that use user atributes in rhino 5 and it works again.

Were made some changes in the users atributes in rhino 5 and rhino 6 that are no more compatible with previous vesion?