Rhino 5.0 Analyzing hole vector

I am wondering what is the best way to analyze a hole to determine if it is a “straight” or “normal to surface” hole, or if it is on a vector. Can this be achieved by simply analyzing the center point of the hole at the top and bottom then comparing x and y coordinates?

Thanks in advance

Al

Hi Al - I saw this question come in on our support email and I answered it yesterday - at least I offered an answer - I see it again here and on support email so I have a feeling our responses may be falling into a spam trap at your end - can you check?

-Pascal

Yes I got your response Pascal, Thank you. I was just wondering if there was another analyzing command that I could use instead of o-snapping centers or ends of lines.

Hi Al - a Line > Normal snapping at the center (IgnoreTrims = Yes) of one end may also help - Compare with a line Center to Center.

I can’t think of a one-shot analysis tool off hand that would just ‘do it’. Maybe Analyze > Direction and track your mouse along the inside of the hole - the wall - the readout at the cursor is the local draft angle relative to the CPlane.

-Pascal

Sounds good ill try line from center to center and compare.

One more quick question, when selecting curves in the machining regions tab, how do I get it to keep my recently selected curves. For example I used to run Rhino 5.0 version 2016, however it was already installed and setup by a previous user. I used to be able to select a curve for say drilling a hole, set my parameters, then if I selected the next machining operation to ream the hole, clicked select curves/edge regions and press enter, it would keep my previously selected regions, so I wouldn’t have to reselect the curve or region.

Thanks again

Al

Hi Al - I’m afraid I need to send you back to MecSoft for this one - that is not part of Rhino.

-Pascal