Rhino 4.0 is running slow

my rhino is suddenly running slow can anybody help me …

What has changed to your system (OS updates, new Rhino plug-ins, …)?
Is this model-specific or do you notice it with a factory-default template with just a box added to the scene?
Have you tried running Rhino in safe-mode?

Hi Rasmus - slow, how? View navigation? Commands slow? Can you be more specific? Does the problem show with any file?

-Pascal

ok heres what happened !

Suddenly in the middle of my work on a rather light file my Rhino 4.0 started to act as if
i was working on a extremely heavy file on a very old computer…
all functions slow down dramatically, rotating object in view ; selecting things ; even moving the arrow around in the viewports…only thing that is normal is moving the arrow around in the toolbar areas…

it is practically impossible to do some resonable work on it
I made no alterations or updates on the comp…
i scanned for viruses (no found)
i restarted and reinstalled rhino several times + servicepacks
i opened old Rhinofiles of different weights
i tried to open blank files , still slow
i have a new Windows
i downloaded a 90 day Rhino 5.0 Trial version that runs good on my pc.

all other small or demanding programs still run fine
my pc is a

acer laptopNvidia Geforce GTX 760
16 gB ram

Intel Core i7 4702MQ 2.2 Ghtx Turbo boost up to 3.2 ghtz

Rasmus AppelGl.Strandvej 36 2990 Nivå 45 31332444

@Rasmus_Appel
I had another V4 user this week with a very similar problem description. He is running on Windows 10 with an nVidia GeForce 940 (December 2016 drivers), in an otherwise very normal system.
After exhausting every other option, we unchecked the option for using accelerated hardware modes in Options > Appearance > OpenGL and restarted Rhino, then his previous and expected acceptable performance came back.

It’s worth a try but it’s a long-shot.

Hi, sorry to revive an old post, I was having a similar issue and google led me here. I am running Rhino 4.0 and haven’t had a single issue with it until today. It started to crawl speed wise and it wouldn’t show changes made in the current active viewport. For instance I was trying to work in top view and it wouldn’t show that I selected any of the objects and didn’t clear them when I deleted them, the other 3 viewports showed those changes. I’m not aware of any recent updates to my system. I tried the above of turning off the accelerated hardware modes and it appears to be working again.

I’m running it on a Dell Precision 7720 with windows 10, Intel Xeon E31505M v6@ 3.00GHz, 64GB Ram, nVidia Quadro P5000.

Am I sacrificing anything significant turning off the accelerated hardware mode? I’m not exactly sure what that does.

Thanks for your time

In this case, probably not.
However, running V4 will not take advantage of any of that hardware.
V4 is a 32-bit application designed for Windows XP.
It is limited to using a maximum of 4GB of RAM.
You’ll need to run Rhino in Administrator mode (or in a Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode), so it can save changes you make to how your toolbars are arranged and some other settings.
Additionally, you’ll probably have to set your Windows screen resolution in the 1024x768 range or your Layer panel will be blank in Rhino.

It’s your call, but a update to V6 will use all that nice hardware you spent your money on.
Rhino V4 won’t.