RHI installer: appdata location lowercase/uppercase & bracket usage

When I install a plug-in using the RHI installer it ends up in

%AppData%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\<Name> {GUID}\<plugin-version>\<assemblyName>\Rhino 5.0\x64

(in case of the 64-bit plug-in for Rhino 5).
Note that the GUID is UpperCased and is in curly braces.

The plug-in, however, saves its settings in

%AppData%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\<Name> (guid)\settings\settings.xml

In this case the guid is lower cased and is in normal braces.

This leads to the situation where what I suppose should end up in 1 directory ends up in 2 directories:

This picture is from %Appdata%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\ where now two directories with almost similar names are found (the same text is greyed out in both cases)

So, my question is: shouldn’t the plug-in and its settings be stored in the same folder in %appdata%?

Absolutely. @rajaa or @brian, we should change the install location of the rhi to match the settings directory.

That’s fine with me. Since the windows file system is case-insensitive, the only thing that needs to change is the () vs {}.

That said, it would be a nice touch to delete the old {} location in the new version of RHI that installs to the () location.

This is now http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-21127

As for nice touches, I suppose rather than deleting the {} location its contents should be merged with the () location when the new RHI installer is running. This way any previous versions a user may want to revert to are not lost.

Yeah, I was thinking about that, and then decided it was probably not worth the effort, since reverting versions is still in the pipe-dream phase of development.