[Rh7 WIP UV editr BUG] UV Editor UV mapping does not show up on this particular mesh

I was working on a J3 CUB tail wheel

STEPS
Give this particular mesh
when you press UV editor
notice that the UV mapping does not show up

UVeditor_NotWorking2.3dm (37.9 KB)

NOTES
The mesh was created out from a Rhino polysurface using Mesh2
Rhino 7 Work In Progress (7.0.20119.13305, 4/28/2020)

VIDEO

@andy
Can you comment on this please?

@John_Brock is it possible to give more resources to bug fixing?
My bug reports goers to only 3 persons ( Jussi Aaltonen, David Eränen). I wish they have more resources under them.
(So that we can actually use Rhino4 UVeditro feauter.)
Because I have reported exactly the same issue with same steps 10 month ago and nobody is working on that bug: Customer Impact: Major, Critical. I set the priority to normal because there are other more Major, Critical. But I’m elevating this to Major (Sometimes)
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-53888

And my workaround to fix this was purchasing RizomUV and making the unwrap there.
Thx for lessening

I see the item is “Open” meaning the developer has looked into it and it’s on his development list. It is classified as “Major” meaning it will take considerable development work.
It is listed for the “7.x” development cycle meaning it will not be in the initial V7 release but the developer expects to have it done in the V7 release cycle, but that could change.

The item is visible to other developers and to you personally so you know all this.

1 Like

RH-53888 is fixed in the latest BETA

1 Like

I’m very happy, I will test it.

John, @brian I label “Major” in my bug report. When I make the bug report I label that way because it stops my workflow and there was no workaround other than restart and remaking the mesh.

For next time I make a bug report, What does really “Major” means for the Rhino team? is it

“Major” meaning it will take considerable development work.
or
“Major” meaning it is a bug that puts in heavy difficulty the user often or always with difficult or no workaround.

Does the same answer apply to “Minor”?

Hi Alan,

There’s no hard-and-fast rule for what major and minor mean. Please don’t use it to indicate anything. If you log a bug that prevents you from doing work, please be sure to say so in your description. In general, we use it for internal prioritization, and it’s not consistent from team to team or developer to developer.

One thing is consistent: stop-ship means a build cannot be released without a discussion in our weekly meeting, or a fix. Again, if you choose this severity, we’ll probably change it if you haven’t provided sufficient description to back up the severity.

1 Like