RH6 - subselestion problem with zoom

Sometime, when i use subslection (subsurface…), then in perspective view is not possible zoom, when the subseliection is active.
Its not everytime and only by some object.

If is selected the subsurface on image, then is not possible to zoom in perspective. Others views and subselection is ok.This hapens in more models…

test_zoom.3dm (15.8 MB)

When i copy this object to other models scene thes is everithing ok…

Hello - this works here so far.

What happens if you close and re-open Rhino?

-Pascal

When i open rhino with this file and do nothing, only subselect this surface a try zoom, then zoom with scroll not working.
Close and re-open not help…

Notice - is not only for subselection…
If i select large group of many object (f.e. roof tiles…) and use window zoom (very small zoom window) on one tile) => zoom with scrool stop working. I must deselect all and zoom again work…

Do you do anything else than deselecting as well?
Can you save a Named View when you get into the situation where zooming doesn’t work and post a file with such named view?

Yes, i can do everything except zoom…But camera behave strangely with selected object…see gif below and attached file…

zoom_test_02.3dm (347.4 KB)

Hello - use Zoom Target as a rule to reset the camera/target relationship to in Perspective views. See if that works better for you than Zoom Window.

-Pascal

Hello,
no…unfortunately is not better…Camera works strangely when is close selected object. Independet zoom command…

Well, if the camera is very close to the target, then it does become hard to use in Perspective views, but Zoom Target (snapping to a logical location as the target) should reset the camera/target relationship and things should be more manageable.

-Pascal

Yes, if the camera is close to the target, then is hard to use…
But, why is difference between selected target object a nonselected object? Viz. GIF.
In RH5 is everything ok, then there is a camera bug…

RH5:

RH6:

Hello - if Gumball is on, there is a setting to center view rotation on the gumball origin - looks to me like that is on in V6.

-Pascal

Yes!! This is it. Thank you Pascal! Very simlpy solution… it did not come to my mind…I am so blind…
This is solution for zoom problem too…

solved!

1 Like