Revolve/history bug is still alive in V8

Hi McNeel
The revovle bug (where history enabled revolves suddenly decide to move the revolve axis) is, I’m sad to say, still present in V8. I’ve only just had the chance to install V8, and one of the very first things I ran into - testing out the constraints - was that revolving with history is still a huge PITA. As you can see in the attached video, it’s not always, just sometimes. Here, it took two tries, sometimes it takes 4 or 5. Can this please be fixed - preferably in V7 also? This is really debilitating to parts of my workflow
-Jakob

EDIT Just checked - this bug goes back to at least August of ´21.

Please provide a small file and the detailed instructions to repeat the problem.
Then we can get it on the pile to be fixed.

Thanks

Hi Jakob -

That’s correct, RH-65682 is still open and still set to be looked at for some SR of Rhino 8.
I’ve added this thread…
-wim

1 Like

this problem freakes me out!

the whole point of using history command is that children are updated correctly…

now I understand why it happens later on…
fist one ok.
second not, as it moves the revolve axis!

I also had the situation in which i did a simple fillet on the generated object (watch top ring) and another object (watch glass) gets coccupted because it uses the the revolve command + history.

can’ believe this ist still not solved… :expressionless:
I think the video explains is quite well!

McNeel PLEASE fix this!!

I use this feature EVERY day to create round watch cases and need to check on proportions in REALTIME!

very cumbersome that i need to do the revolve command again…