Retrieve Shell Thicknesses After Optimization

Hi, I am trying to obtain the cross-section of all shell faces after using OptiCroSec component but the Disassemble component (both model and element wise) return the initial cross-section I supplied the Assemble component. How can I obtain the cross-section (thickness being the ultimate goal here) for all shell faces?

Note that I can see the different cross-sections using the ShellView component and that exploding the mesh before the Assemble component returns the initial cross-section used for the element ids as well.

The more general topic would be, is it possible to retrieve the results of the ShellView component such as the displacement of all shell faces?

Thank you,

Mathieu

Karamba 1.3.1
Rhinoceros 6

Dear Mathieu,
retrieving the optimized shell cross section thicknesses in Karamba3D 1.3.1 is a three step process: first disassemble the model, then the shell element and from that the cross section.
There has been a change from version 1.2.2 to 1.3.1 in how cross sections connect to elements: In version 1.3.1 cross sections can be specified at the components which generate the elements (e.g. ‘LineToBeam’, ‘MeshToShell’). Alternatively, when input directly at the ‘Assemble’-component, cross sections act as agents: Based on their ‘Id’-selector they search for elements whose identifier fits and attach themselves to them. In the course of a cross section optimization these cross section agents are not changed but only the cross sections connected to the elements.
Best,
Clemens

Dear Clemens,

I am trying to show the height of every mesh face after using the optimize cross section component.
After disassembling the model I see that the disassemble cross sections component outputs a list of heights and that they could be more than one per cross section.

How can I relate it to the mesh? Is it possible to output a data tree with the height of each mesh vertex grouped by mesh face?

Best,
Riccardo

Dear Rma,
sorry for my late reply. The heights are listed in the same order as the mesh faces providing that the mesh input of the ‘MeshToShell’-component consisted of triangles only. In Karamba3D 1.3.1. there is one extra height at the end of the list which can be ignored.
In order to get heights at the mesh vertices one has to calculate the average of the surrounding faces. Karamba3D uses the opening angle of the faces as weights. A work-around could be to read out the color values of the mesh vertices which is returned by the ‘ShellView’-component when ‘Cross Section’ is chosen in the submenu ‘Render Settings’.
Best,
Clemens