Resume Wallacei

Hi,

Can we resume the optimization at the point it was stopped or Rhino crashed?
I am rerunning the optimization several times from the start. it would be helpful if there is a resume option to continue the optimization at the point it stopped

Hi,

The resume function is not available in the public release of Wallacei yet. I suggest debugging your design problem to prevent crashing.

Thanks for the reply.
I would like to ask, do you know any online computing services where I can run the Wallacei optimization in a large scale. Please let me know.
Thanks again.

Hi Milad,
I ran the same optimization on several different PCs and laptops. the optimization finished on only one of the PCs. So the crash was happening because the memory was overwhelmed on most of the other machines.
My problem is that the optimization takes from 7 - 10 days to finish. if the optimization crashes at day 5 or 6 (because the memory got overwhelmed at one point) I had to rerun it form the start because there is no resume button, and that was very unpractical. Do you think Wallacei will have an added resume button any time soon?
I will need to start a second round of optimizations in which their run time will be the same (7 - 10 days). Please let me know.
Thanks!

Hi

The resume function may be added in the future public releases of Wallacei.
However, I strongly recommend you redefine your design problem in order to decrease the time.
Also - you can check Autosave in the UI to save the data right before a sudden crash. This saves the simulation until that moment in time and you can extract some useful information from it.

Hi

Thanks for the advice!

Best