Request - Visual/interactive feedback for fillet curve/curves

It would be great to have visual feedback for fillet curve/curves. Also, interactive feedback that works similar to ‘arc/circle tangent to two curves’ which allows you to control the radius with the mouse would be great.

Either way it would be a major productivity boost when using these tools. Yah for visual feedback!

5 Likes

+1
also for fillet polygon

Thanks for the feedback, this is filed as a feature request already (RH-2777) and I’ve nudged the report with a link to this thread. In the meantime, try BlendCrv, it has lots of options and a preview which might be just what you’re looking for. You can drag the start positions as well as continuity handles.

Thanks Brian.

Love me some curve blend, but sometimes I need a proper circle/arc joint. In the absence of visual feedback for curve fillet this becomes a trial and error exercise with no real way to dial in the result.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

ArcBlend may help in some cases. It is ‘history aware’ too, so that is handy.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Oh yes, there are many ways to achieve a proper arc blend in the absence of a more usable fillet curve tool.

I like arc tangent to two curves and trimming, but just suggesting that visual/interactive feedback for curve fillet would make it significantly more usable and valuable, and would eliminate the need for the multi-tool workarounds that we are all familiar with.

Why not to have the arc option for Curve blend?
I’m used to use CrvBlend and often I change the point position to achieve an arc shape.