Replace points

I have a grid of lines. Each line has a start and and end point. Certain start points along the perimeter of my geometry have to be replaced with their projections on a given geometry. Then the start points and the end points have to form a new grid of lines.

I don’t clearly understand your question. Maybe a file or sketch would be helpfull. You can’t use “replace items”?

Trying this. For some reason I don’t end up with the same number of points. Replace items needs the same number of points. Trying to crack this one right now.

Here is a file.
replace points.gh (23.4 KB)

Not sure about this, BTW, is this what you are after?

replace points_re.gh (29.2 KB)

1 Like

Yes, pretty much. Although I have refinned the def a bit. For some reason the Point in Curve eliminated more points than necessary. I am uploading an updated def. Trouble is that I also need the projected points to be also connected to each other as they were previously.

replace points.gh (18.2 KB)

More or less the final result should look a bit like this.

Hey,
Maybe I’ve wasted time and in my opinion, It’s hard to get a diagrid pattern in the way you’re trying.
Anyway, if you are looking for such a pattern, you can easily make it with lunchbox plugin…

1 Like

I just need to replace the ponts, nothing more. I have already created a part that can create any pattern I want. I am stuck at this last point. I have posted the last image only as reference.

I think the first def was almost perfect. Will try and make it work in a bit.

I think it works now exactly as I need it. Thank you! Awesome dude :slightly_smiling_face: