Rendered Display Mode changed suddenly

Suddenly objects in particular layers appear translucent, nearly invisible in Rendered display mode. Not all layers are affected.
Rhino Version 5 SR14 64-bit
(5.14.522.8390, 5/22/2017)
Windows 10 Pro (noticed after an update to Windows 10, might be video drivers), however dxdiag reported no problems found. I see that there are no updates for the ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT display adapter for Windows 10 Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 in a Dell Precision Workstation T3400.
DirectX Version is DirectX 12
Thanks,
David

Hi David - is this true with any model? Is the display mode set at defaults ?

-Pascal

Hello Pascal

A different model of the same objects appears to be okay. I clicked on Restore Defaults in the affected model. It didn’t seem to help.

Thanks.
David

Hi David - can you export one or two of the funny ones to a new file, check that and it is also looks wrong, post it here or send to tech@mcneel.com, with a link back here in your comments.

-Pascal

Yessir. Thanks. I’ll send them to tech@mcneel.com to see what Vanessa thinks about 'em.

Regards,

David

answered via tech support

1 Like

Kyle responded via email:

“…there is a duplicated surface which caused a bad trim in the flat surfaces.
explode the object, run the seldup command you will see this surface light up. delete it and you will see this surface light up-…”

I tried that but I didn’t have any luck at it. Thankfully, Kyle fixed it, attached the file in his email and all is well again in Saucerville.

Thanks,
David

1 Like

(changed solution to the post above, since it has the actual solution in :wink: )