Removing Plugins

I gave RhinoCFD a try and that sort of stuff interests me but I don’t have the time or the inclination to delve into the rather bewildering morass of its setup. I just got an email from them that they have an update which is nice to hear but I have suspected that even when I don’t use it there are things going on in the background that slow down my everyday use of Rhino. I just picked some text and some center of effort block symbols and projected them to the Cplane and saw some oddness scrolling through the command line. I checked the command history (f2) and sure enough there was a message that shows me the culprit is RhinoCFD.

Pasted from command history

2 points, 2 hatches, 2 curves added to selection.
Command: _ProjectToCPlane
Yes
Viewer is Adding 11 new objects which may be probes?
Viewer is Adding 12 new objects which may be probes?
Viewer is Adding 13 new objects which may be probes?
Viewer is Adding 14 new objects which may be probes?
Viewer is Adding 15 new objects which may be probes?
Viewer is Adding 16 new objects which may be probes?
Viewer is Adding 17 new objects which may be probes?
Viewer is Adding 18 new objects which may be probes?
Viewer is Adding 19 new objects which may be probes?
Viewer is Adding 20 new objects which may be probes?
Viewer is Adding 21 new objects which may be probes?
Viewer is Adding 22 new objects which may be probes?
Command: _CommandHistory
Command: Probe
Unknown command: Probe
Command: PickProbe
Current RUI of RhinoCFDLite (Sep 14 2017 17:01:36) is current RhinoCFD User Interface

I noticed the same thing a couple of days ago and unchecked the 'load on startup' box for RhinoCFDLite. Another odd thing about CFDLite is that is I use it by invoking one of its commands then the display mesh of my surfaces in a file change their appearance. I usually work in shaded display and the CFD operations make my surfaces look like the 'smooth shading' is turned off, like this

If I copy/paste those same surfs into an open instance that the RhinoCFDLite plugin has been disabled then its expected appearance is restored as in this ss

Other that disabling a plug in, how can I completely uninstall it?

Sometimes plugin commands still appear in the command line but the are reported as 'unknown' commands. Do I have to manually delted rui's to keep that from happening? An example, Concha auto completes to this no longer needed list!

Hope the plugin stuff such as this is handled better in R6 as has been hinted at but I need come plugins in R5 for now until new ones are compiled. I guess I need to clean house!

Thanks in advance

Hi Joseph,

If you want to fully uninstall a plug-in then you can use the PluginManager to find the installation path for the plug-in and delete it from your machine.

For example, plug-ins installed via .RHI packages will end up in %APPDATA%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\<name> (<id>).