"Remove when input is empty" for Deconstruct Beam/Deconstruct Component

Hello,

I guess this question is to Sebastian directly.
Is it possible to add “Remove when input is empty” for Deconstruct Beam/Deconstruct Component?
Or somehow stop them from production of the Warning message in the window “Messages from … definition”? Just do not want people to get confused if they see this.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi,

I added the possibility to put components into groups and label them “Hidden” (or “hide” or “suppressed”) to suppress any messages. Try this update:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ASnmQUpP7rkC7vjthVTFF9nGkvJyfOz_?usp=sharing

You’d need the GH-Tekla link 1.16 WIP as well:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qnDUaCr7rkJgawBJ7UgL2CkuePwGmAHK?usp=sharing

I don’t particularly like these solutions with arbitrary keywords so might need to come up with something better, but should do the trick meanwhile (so this alternative will remain even if we add another option).

Cheers,

Sebastian

Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for your efforts!
I am facing issues now with the updated GH component. Once I start it in Tekla and try to open any definition, the initialization window gets loaded approx up to 81% (Iron Python is the last thing that I managed to see in the loading window). Then Tekla is getting closed without any message to me. Tried for Tekla 2020 and 2023, and all the same in both ones. Rhino/GH itself could open, no problems there.
I did not update GH-Tekla link at first (I had the version 1.16 already from our previous discussion), but after the update, it is still the same.

Hi Zezza,

Do you have Rhino 8 final installed? The GH component will automatically try and use the newest Rhino, but there seems to be an issue with 8 when loading assembly GhPython. Try to remove the file

C:\Program Files\Rhino 8\Plug-ins\Grasshopper\Components\GhPython.gha.

for now, need to figure out what goes wrong later.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Hello Sebastian,

Thx for the tip, but I do not have Rhino 8. Still in Rhino 7 and facing this.

Okay, I think it’s the same issue with GHPython in Rhino 7 when launching it in a way that’s compatible with Rhino 8.

The following version should use the old way of launching Rhino.Inside if it finds Rhino 7:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ASnmQUpP7rkC7vjthVTFF9nGkvJyfOz_?usp=sharing

You probably need to remove the GH component from the Extension Manager in Tekla before installing this one, as they use the same version number.

Cheers,

-b

Thank you a lot, Sebastian, for your prompt replies and support!
Now everything is back fine with GH component in Tekla.
And a special thank you for the implemented “Hidden” group possibility, just checked, working well and doing precisely what I needed!
Perhaps, it would be nice to consider switching on/off the messages via the context menu for every of the components. But visibility/controlling with the groups is even easier. I am more than fine with the current option.

1 Like