Remove default display of some wires

asdfsdafasdfs

Hi all and @DavidRutten,
I have a special component (IGH_DocumentObject) similar to the Group. I want to redirect the wires as in the picture, but I can’t find a way to remove the wire that gh draws (marked with the red cross). How can I stop him from drawing it?

When one of the components of the group is connected outside the group, I have to redraw the wire.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Check out this script, the logic should be quite similar -

Interesting looking component :slight_smile: Does it do anything besides “redirect” the wires?

Thanks for the answer, but I don’t want to change the GH_ParamWireDisplay. Even if you put the hidden type, it is displayed when you select the component, so it is no good to me.

1. I tried to use reflexion to change the value of HasInputGrip to false, but I didn’t succeed.
  2. Another option would be to use reflection to change a function to block the display of a wire as needed, but I’m not sure it would work. Maybe with GH_Painter.Painter.ConnectionVisible().
  3. Another option would be to delete the connection and redo the data transmission by myself, but I don’t know what things I have to consider.
  4. Another option would be to put a component that only visualizes the inputs and another that only visualizes the outputs, and instantiate the three objects and treat them as if they were one in my plugin, but it seems to me the worst solution.

This object is a minimal version that illustrates the problem. Its intention is to allow you to work with processes/definitions/algorithms/components-connected as an object in itself, and document them quickly, in a plugin to create tutorials, enrich the document, reuse snippets easier and other interesting utilities.

You can’t change the behaviour of some other object. If you want to draw the wires through the ‘group’ grips then you’ll have to actually rewire them. Based on your image that should be possible, although it may add a lot of complexity to the group object and its attributes.