Release Date?

100% correct.

Edit: well, not 100% correct, the V6 licenses are cross platform.
Unfortunately only one V6 platform exists currently, so you can’t cross (yet)…

4 Likes

With the licensing now being cross platform, is it known if Mac V5 licenses can be upgraded before the release of Mac V6? I ask because I’m curious if it can be upgraded early to take advantage of the promotional price on upgrades that ends May 15?

Thanks,
Sam

2 Likes

Yes, as far as I know, you can buy V6 upgrades now at the promo price and keep them until the Mac version comes out… —Mitch

What happens for those of us who own windows and mac licenses? Do we get a super discount? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good question :thinking:

I am pleasantly surprised by the new cross-grade policy! As an owner of both a mac and a win license, one of them will become obsolete with the V6 upgrade. Looking forward to learn about the pricing scheme.

Didn’t realize it would be cross OS,…

so which would cost less?

Wouldn’t it make sense to include that little tidbit in the product matrix, here:

?

1 Like

Well, not “obsolete” really… You can upgrade both, you will then have two V6 licenses. If they are commercial licenses, you could actually sell/transfer one of them if you don’t need it.

You could anticipate and buy upgrades for both now to take advantage of the introductory offer, saving 100.- versus upgrading the Mac license later when Mac 6 actually comes out…

–Mitch

1 Like

I have an mac license, so I can upgrade to win V6 for 395USD, depending on the region?
And that macV5 will be invalid while using upgraded winV6?

Didn’t know you can sell the license… great.

I think it will continue to work. However it will be tied to your V6 license - so you will not be able to buy another upgrade with the same license, and when installing/validating, you will always need the two license keys, V5 Mac and V6. If you put your V6 license in your Rhino account it should be fine. When Mac Rhino 6 comes out, you will be able to operate on either platform as well.

Commercial licenses can be sold or transferred, you do need to inform sales@mcneel.com if you do so, there is a transfer form to fill out and return.

–Mitch

1 Like

Thanks, Mitch! Didn’t know that.

I’m looking to pick up another license, if anyone is looking to sell a V6.

Thanks,
Don