Referencing newly added control points of appended SubD faces

Hi there,

when using 3DFace command to append new faces to an existing SubD, it would be great to be able to reference control points of the recently added faces as well - instead of only the previosuly existing control points. Here is what I mean:

Please :heart: this post in case you think this would be a good feature to implement.

In case there is already a way to do this, please let me know.

Hi Oliver -
Make sure to enable the Point osnap in addition to the Vertex osnap. That should let you snap to these not-yet-existing faces.
-wim

1 Like

Thanks, that does the job! To me “points” are a bit inconsistent since there are no visible points while editing (and therefore vertex would be more “logical”). But as long as it works, it’s ok.

However, I think it would be an idea to visualize the points of the newly added faces already while editing in case the geometry which is being appended to has them switched on.

@wim
While playing around with this I now think there are two topics and consequently also two feature requests:

1.) “Vertex” osnap should work on faces that were just recently created (no matter if control points are switched on):

2.) Control points of newly added faces should be visualized already while editing in case the geometry which is being appended to has them switched on (see previous video).