Reduce Mesh: more informative progress needed

Hi RMA - with many objects selected and processed, we get the 0-100% repetitive reporting but no idea how many objects have been processed. Would be nice if it was also showing Object 3/30, 4/30, 5/30 etc. in case the input is more than 1 object…

Also - in case 1 of the many objects reduction fails, the command gets canceled losing all the good reduction that already happen. I’d rather see it process all it can and then highlight the objects that were not processed…

–jarek

1 Like

Hi Jarek,

Do you have the latest WIP installed? This is what I get in the command window when reducing multiple objects:

-David

Hi David - that’s great. I can see it now. Is the handing of the other issue fixed too ? I can’t find a mesh that gave me errors last time…). What happened to the accuracy setting (Fast vs. Accurate) compared to V5 ?

thank you,

–jarek

Jarek,

I will investigate the case where one of the objects fail. It should definitely not cancel the command for all the objects just because of that.

The fast/accurate setting has been removed - you will always get “accurate” now. We removed it because we did some testing and could not find a significant difference in speed between the two options.

-David

Great. Just tested in in the latest WIP - reducemesh does stop half-way if any of the objects can’t be reduced.

–jarek

Jarek,

Just wanted to say that this has been fixed now and should be in the latest WIP!

-David

1 Like

great- thanks!

–j