Rectangular spiral

Sorry, I am a newbie in GH with the big letter “N”. :grinning:

My goal is to create a 2D rectangular spiral to simplify my project work (radiant heating floor). The total length of the spiral is limited, the offset of turns is variable.
Any ideas are welcome, thanks!snail

1 Like

Rectangular spiral_re.gh (15.7 KB)

6 Likes

shocked by the speed and quality of the response. :crazy_face:
many thanks!

1 Like

sorry, I tried to open it today, got an error in the “Replace items” block - “You cannot replace values in an empty list.”
Where is my error can be?

It starts where the orange wire starts, at Offset Curve. His code works for me.

ok, got it. it looks like a problem on my side. :+1:

upd. that code doesn’t work in rhino 6 but with rhino 7 works great. my fault

Hey, so I tried this code and modified it to apply it to a non-rectangular room, a more irregular curve, and this is happening to me. Is there a way to fix it?

And btw, I also want (and need) to change the start of the spiral to this part.

Here’s the modified code and the file.
Suelo Radiante.gh (20.9 KB)
SueloRadiante.3dm (293.1 KB)

1 Like

Hi, I have been looking for the same thing for a long time now, but both of these approaches have killer limitations. 1. You made these scripts specific to the shape you were using (room layout and dimensions); if the room were much bigger, the center would be just empty. 2. If you can’t specify the max circuit length and you have to do it manually, then, i guess, just do the entire thing manually because it takes more time to separate than to just draw it manually. I’m working on this project to find a better solution, and any kind of help or idea would be appreciated.

Hello
I have some tools that looks a bit similar, they were mostly done for 3d printing.

You have an evaluation licence of Nautilus valid until the 12th of February.

1 Like

Hi, appreciate your desire to help, but it would be really helpful if you could tell me how it works and how much i can control it.
Best Regards