Rectangular selection for _extractmeshpart missing

Hi,

on my personal wish list since a long time. I hope it’s easy to add.

Regards,
Micha

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hi Micha- so you would get multiple starting faces at once? I am not sure what this will do - can you give me an example?

thanks,

-Pascal

It should work like for example _extractsurface, where I can draw a rectangle selection and all touched surfaces are extracted. I would like to do the same with _extractmeshpart, all touched meshparts can be extracted in one step. Maybe it should do it and it’s a bug that it doesn’t do it.

Thanks,
Micha

(Pascal Golay) #4

Hi Micha- the command takes a single face and ‘grows’ the selection from that, face by face, to find the ‘part’; the mesh parts do not exist as separate entities in the mesh like a face in a polysurface.

-Pascal

Right, an it’s quite cumbersome often. I would like to rectangle select several faces and than the selection growing starts.

(Pascal Golay) #6

@tim, any comment on this one?

thanks,

-Pascal

Here an example - I had a wheel as one mesh and l liked to get the yellow marked area. This cylindrical mesh parts are halfed, so to select all the complete area needs approx. 20 clicks. From the side view with rectangular selection I could do it with two clicks. I hope the example shows the advantages of the rectangular selection for the _extractmeshpart tool.