RecordAnimation with Raytraced

Thanks Nathan. A few more observations/problems:

If I set viewport to wireframes before stating render, as you suggested, the RecordAnimation script always switches it back to Raytraced when started. Thus it is rendering in two windows for every frame. So I have to wait until first frame is done and then “sneak in” and click pause.

The RecordAnimation script crashes or freezes computer when rendering higher res or samples, not sure exactly which. At 800x600 with 500 samples, left overnight, it stopped after 8 frames out of 30. (Energy Saver was set to “prevent computer from sleeping automatically when display is off.”) Unable to wake computer to get any further detail, had to force power down and reboot.

I don’t see that here. I do these steps:

• Load model
  • Ensure Rhino Render Next is current renderer
  • Activate the view I want to render from
  • Set that view to Wireframe mode
  • SetTurnTableAnimation
    • set frame count
    • RenderFull
    • PNG
  • RecordAnimation
    • select target location to save PNGs to
    • done

This will start the animation process, render it with Rhino Render Next into the render window. The viewport stays in wireframe mode, it should not switch magically to Raytraced.

I did see a problem with memory consumption, and I have a feeling it is related to what was reported here: Problem textures resulting in very high RAM and CPU use . We’re investigating that.

I have found at least one crash bug, that happens even with the regular Rhino Render:

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-53446