Really slow response on Rhino

Sorry, had to remove the file.

maybe it’s in the process of deleting because i dowloaded it within the past five minutes…

i opened it in rhino and yes, it was sluggish.
deleted the bad objects and it was fast as well as a much smaller file size (8MB instead of 150MB)

@jeff_hammond
Lol … was simpler than expected.
@simonms I opened the file, eye looks like a model made from a cloud of points (with which I work often). If you can not use software suitable for this purpose (Geomagic in particular) you need a simplification approach. A video maybe useful to explain the approach.( The video starts from a mesh, but is also valid for the point cloud) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkrVzsSU13E

I am now working on a file which was a part of the original drawing but with most deleted, this simple form seems to be 288mb! so by deleting most of the drawing the file has got bigger!

Thanks Zsimon, will have a look, the components are just sweeps and curve networks.

1 Like

Deleted all - file size 288mb…baffled.

Use the Audit3dmFile to see what’s taking up that space.

Here is the file, thanks wim I did do that but no idea how to understand the information that appears.

selbad objects says 1279446, i count 12 curves.

How do you count these?
Rhino selects 639 723 bad objects. If you run the SelShort command on these, with the max length set to the document tolerance, Rhino selects 639 723 curves. Hit Delete (or its Mac equivalent). Save. Your file is now 6,2 MB.
13a COMPLETE-slats cut points-Bad_deleted.3dm (6.2 MB)

Sorry wim, I have no idea what a document tolerance might be. I have got a selshortcurve command, is that what you mean?

will keep trying :slight_smile:
Thanks for your help

Managed to do it, not quite sure how but file is now 2.7mb and moving around at what seems like light speed :slight_smile: