Raytraced - Layouts and Edges

(Wim Dekeyser) #1
  1. Raytraced - Layouts
    Using Raytraced in a detail on a layout doesn’t work as expected.

Observation: when a file is saved with the Raytraced viewport active, the preview image (both in Explorer and on the Rhino splash-screen) shows what is used in a detail.

In this picture, a Raytraced viewport is on the right while the same view and display mode in a detail is on the left.

2. Raytraced – Edges
    a. The settings for surface edges and visibility do not stick in between sessions. When I change Rhino Options > View > Display Modes > Raytraced > Surface edge settings > Edge thickness (pixels) to 1 and the Color reduction % to 100, edge curves are turned on but when I exit Rhino and then start it again, these settings are back to 0. The same happens for […] > Visibility > Show tangent seams. I didn’t check any other settings here.

b. When I only change the edge thickness and color reduction and then exit the options, all is fine and I get black edges on my objects in the viewport.

When I also tick the Show tangent seams setting, the wireframe shows through the objects. Removing the tick doesn’t help; the edges always show through.

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #2
  1. Raytraced with layouts doesn’t work properly yet, RH-33343.

2. Reported as RH-35313

/Nathan

(Wim Dekeyser) #3

Could you open the RH-33343 issue to the public?

I see that RH-35313 is specific about the retention of the settings between sessions. What about the edge curves showing through geometry? I am particularly anxious about that one - during the course of the development of Neon that started to happen on my system and was never solved. Pretty much made that engine useless for me…

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #4

Right, missed that bit. I have reported it as RH-35314

/Nathan

(David Eränen) #5

Hi wim,

Are you still able to reproduce this? I tried but failed.

-David

(Wim Dekeyser) #6

The edge curves showing through geometry? No, that seems to be gone now.
Raytraced in layouts still doesn’t work, though?

(David Eränen) #7

Yes I was asking about the edge curves. Okay, good that it has somehow been fixed.

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #8

Layout YT issue https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-33343