Raster output

should also mention tried rolling back to an earlier Nvidea driver but that didn’t help either.

Hello - I think I might do a clean install of the latest NVidea and AMD drivers from their respective websites

Then install the fresh ones. It may be that the installer has a clean install option - I cannot remember, in which case the uninstall may not be needed.

-Pascal

I tried with the Nvidea already but I’ll do it with the AMD now, thanks Pascal

Hi, still no luck. I’ll check with asus/ nvidea/ amd: forums/ help; and see if anyone there has an idea

Hi, so I completely restored windows and noticed something. When I first install and use Rhino before anything I ran systeminfo, Rhino is using a hybrid configuration and is using both GPUs! However… !
IMG_20211013_150157177_HDR|666x500

The second I try to draw anything the screen crashes, Rhino crashed as well and then I got blue screened. Windows said it needed to sort something, it ‘resolves it’ and when I reload Rhino same non hybrid configuration as before. However, pretty sure the laptop no longer seems to be using my Nvidea GPU at all.

Does this mean its a problem with hardware or a windows problem or something else?
Thanks everyone. sam

Hi Sam - this is starting to feel like a hardware problem to me, not that I am an expert at all … have you installed all available Windows updates as well as the most recent gpu drivers since restoring Windows?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

I have done it now, still don’t seem to have my favour with Rhino. Wierdly, Rhino is running a hybrid config but crashing immediately when drawing geometry as before.

sam

Hey sam- call us at 206-545-6877 something is really screwed up with your machine.

Hi Kyle, thank you so much for your help! Everything going well with print command now. Nvidea tried to switch itself back on but I said no very swiftly to that. Sending it off soon and will let you know what the ASUS people say.

Thank you so much again, also I loved your stories. 5/5 tech suport from everyone.

1 Like