Random beeps inside a larger brep

I am having issues with a Grasshopper definition that takes a small brep and randomly rotates it inside a larger brep. The issue I have is some of small breps reside outside the larger brep.

I am not sure where to look. Someone gave me the basic definition a few years ago. At the time I just deleted the exterior breps. I would like to use it more and understand what I am doing.

Thanks, «Randy

Sparkle. Test3dm.3dm (283.7 KB)

Random points.gh (14.7 KB)

Hi @rhinorudi

as nobody answered, I am trying to have a look now. Which issues were you having? Did they get solved?

Thanks

Giulio

Giulio Piacentino
for Robert McNeel & Associates
giulio@mcneel.com

Hi @piac, no, I still have some issues. I just did the one manually for the renders i needed.

I am trying to put little objects, that are used as sparkle, inside a larger Brep. I am just lost with this I believe, In the image i have to fill the star shape with the little pyramids.

Any tips would be helpful,

EDIT: I did find this version of the definition that does work better. I was wondering if there is a way to add some space between the Brep and the inner objects. Would I make a copy and scale it down?

New definition updated.

OrientRandomInVolume.gh (15.6 KB)

Thanks,

«Randy

Hi Randy

yes, officially, a surface offset by X would be what would cause the inner points that are found to be all within X measurements from the side of the polysurface. But a simpler scale might work well, too.

Giulio

Giulio Piacentino
for Robert McNeel & Associates
giulio@mcneel.com

1 Like