Random Bad Geometry created by Rhino WIP

I’m noticing the WIP often creates bad geometry from commands that you wouldnt normally expect to generate bad geometry. Here is an example: I did a simple ‘Point’ command, which resulted in two bad objects. in fact, every command after that raised the bad geom flag:

1 curve added to selection.
1 curve added to selection.
Command: Point
The “Point” command created 2 bad objects.
Command: 'SelBadObjects
2 curves added to selection.
The “SelBadObjects” command created 2 bad objects.
Command: SelBadObjects
1 point added to selection.
Undoing Layer - delete
The “Undo” command created 2 bad objects.
Undoing Layer - rename layer
Undoing Layer - new
Undoing Point
Command: SelBadObjects
Command: _CommandHistory
The “CommandHistory” command created 2 bad objects.

Rhino for Mac WIP continues to be a problem like this - it generates bad geometry very frequently from simple operations - I just had another instance of this from a simple ‘move’ command on a few objects. This has only become a problem since the most recent update (I think). usually it can be fixed by exploding and re-joining. it seems to happen on all kinds of geometry - points, curves, surfaces etc

Is anyone else seeing this?

From your descriptions, I can’t really tell if what you report in the second post is the same as what was going on in the first post.

As far as I recall, I’ve had two instances of the behavior you describe in the first post - any command would report the creation of bad geometry. That is, also none-geometry-creating commands would do that. Simply existing Rhino and starting again solved that. And no bad objects were actually created. I also never have been able to trigger this behavior. Rhino 5 on Windows here.

Your second post sounds more like bad objects are really being created. Is that right?

It just seems like the latest version produces way more instances of bad geometry generally than previous versions. maybe it goes back one more version than current - hard to say - but I went from almost never seeing bad geometry to having it appear quite regularly, and on operations that normally wouldnt generate bad geometry - such as a Move command. I don’t know what has changed, but something definitely has. next time it happens, would you like me to upload a file?

That’s really the only way to get things solved. You’ll need to upload a file with the object before it gets bad and then instructions on how to get it to become bad.

Hi Ben - as Wim says, please send the file in its pre-bad state and provide a blow by blow to make the object(s) go bad… you can post the file here or sent to tech@mcneel.com.

-Pascal