R6 little Bug - save changes to untitled?

@Nikolay This was reported way before next was released

I think I was pretty clear. This is fixed in 3.60.03

@Nikolay hmm, but I have 3.60.03 and the bug is still there. So if you have any clues how to set my ā€˜defaultsā€™ to prevent the ā€˜Save changes to Untitledā€™ from appearing?

If I disable Vray, I donā€™t get this popup.

3hbldck3.png

It depends on what scene data is present in the document you are opening.
Out of the blue, Iā€™d say that the reason for flagging is the migration

Opening a document containing V-Ray scene data, triggers a migration of the scene data. That migration may or may not modify the document. It depends on which V-Ray version was last saved the document with.

Another reason is the sun. To get rid of that, just delete the SunLight tag from the .vropt files. If you are not using custom .vropt files, review the default ones in the installation directory.

There are 3 vropt files. Default, Studio and ArchVis. Usually the default is loaded, unless you have used ā€œvrayChangeDefaultSceneā€ command to specify alternative file

if I were you, Iā€™d do the following simple tests:

1. Start Rhino (without opening a document), and exit.

2. Start Rhino, create box, save the file, exit. Start again open the box file and exit.

3. Start Rhino, open a file that shows the prompt, save under different name and exit. Start Rhino, open the saved document and exit

If a prompt appears in any of those, then this deserves further investigation.

this is when it happens alreadyā€¦

Nice,
check your build info: V-Ray -> Help -> About:
that is mine and it should match yours

yes I have the exact same version

Hi Rob - So, it happens -sometimes- when you select a recently used file. Does that mean that it -never- happens if you start Rhino and then, when itā€™s up and running, type Exit?
-wim

Hi Wim,

Just started my computer and red yr mail. I did what you mentioned and it happened. See below, exit was the first command and message popped up.

ndy2z4pg.png

After closing the program, I did it a second and third time but then the program closed as expected.

I then restarted my computer to check if it it is related to the first time Rhino is started after the computer is started. But then Rhino closed as expected without a message. As mentioned earlier, it seems to happen randomly and I have no idea how to force ā€˜Save changes to Untitled?ā€™ message emoticon_unhappy.png.

brgds

Rob

This is going to become a messā€¦there are two conversations running in parallel, and weā€™re wasting time.
@Gijs call support, so we can figure it out in no time.

ok, will do that, thanks

I just had this in the recently released SR27.

First time Iā€™ve encountered it.

Hi Robert - are you running V-Ray?
If not, please run the Rhino SystemInfo command and copy-paste the result here.
-wim

Iā€™m not running V-Ray but I did recently install my first plug-inā€¦ Xnurbs.

Rhino 6 SR27 2020-6-24 (Rhino 6, 6.27.20176.05001, Git hash:master @
ba2c30de00be5a8b210bc297715204e941911799)
License type: Commercial, build 2020-06-24
License details: LAN Zoo Network Node

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 32Gb)
Machine name: ROBERT-Z97

Non-hybrid graphics.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (NVidia) Memory: 8GB, Driver date: 11-12-2019 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 441.28

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 11-12-2019
Driver Version: 26.21.14.4128
Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
Total Video Memory: 8 GB

Rhino plugins
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp ā€œCommandsā€ 6.27.20176.5001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp ā€œRenderer Development Kitā€
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp ā€œRhino Renderā€
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp ā€œRDK_EtoUIā€ 6.27.20176.5001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp ā€œRenderer Development Kit UIā€
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp ā€œSnapshotsā€
C:\Program Files\Common Files\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-ins\XNurbs (80be33b0-13b2-4ac4-9c77-03829214f9e9)\4.0.0.0\XNurbsRhino.rhp ā€œXNurbsā€
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp ā€œRhinoCyclesā€ 6.27.20176.5001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp ā€œToolbarsā€ 6.27.20176.5001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp ā€œ3Dconnexion 3D Mouseā€
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp ā€œDisplacementā€

So, ok, if plugins are the culprit, that may very well be it. Can anything be done on the Rhino side, or is it up to each individual plugin maker to issue a ā€œfixā€?

Robert -

My uneducated guess would be that itā€™s up to the plug-in developer to make sure that they leave an unchanged document unchanged as there can be multitudes of ways to make a change and it would be impossible for Rhino to know whatā€™s important and not.
For an educated reply, we should ask @brian for input.
-wim

Iā€™m actually also now noticing Rhino asking me to save a document on quit, when I just manually saved it the moment before.

Iā€™m going to have to look into how to uninstall this plug-in and see if things go back to normalā€¦

Disabling the plug-in without uninstalling should be sufficient for testing.

Thank you!

Yes, I can now confirm that the trial of @XNurbs was what caused my ā€œsave changeā€ popups to happen!

1 Like

Since 2 weeks or so I have that problem too in V6 and the WIP. Not each time but often enough. And yesterday I deleted the content of a file somehow by confirming the Save-Dialog with ā€œYesā€. But I could not repeat that ā€œbugā€. P.S.: I never had V-Ray, XNurbs or any Evolute Tools installed.

Edit: I could repeat it. Probably Iā€™m too focused on the command line and not reading what the pop-up dialogs are telling me. Anyways a serious bug I think.